2019 Husqvarna Motorcycles SVARTPILEN 701
Challenge the status quo
The SVARTPILEN 701 is simple, raw, authentic and thrilling to ride. Its design captures some of the original spirit that originally made motorcycling great, and that still fuels the imagination of riders today. Its flat track-inspired design exudes a timeless appeal that will continue to stand the test of time. Riding this powerful single-cylinder street explorer is an experience that recaptures the excitement of those first sparks of inspiration, while its SIMPLE. PROGRESSIVE. design is a paradox that challenges the status quo of motorcycling.
- Exterior: The intention with the SVARTPILEN 701, was to strip away all unnecessary gimmicks and create a simple, progressive mix of classic thinking and modern design. This approach is synonymous with the Swedish heritage of Husqvarna Motorcycles and can be clearly seen in the sleek, reduced look of this model. The lightweight, narrow bodywork is stylishly shaped into the SVARTPILEN 701's overall design and allows for seamless movement while riding. The design was inspired by the raw and timeless authenticity of the flat track scene, but brought to life in a premium, modern and progressive way.
- Wheels: The lightweight 18" front and 17" rear black cast alloy wheels produce minimal unsprung weight and contribute to the bikes dark, mysterious appeal. The Husqvarna Motorcycles insignia discreetly embedded into the wheel is an assurance of premium quality, strength and durability. The PIRELLI MT60 RS tyres offer advanced grip and durability in a wide range of conditions, while also giving the SVARTPILEN 701 a more rugged character.
- Seat: The seat of the SVARTPILEN 701 uses high-quality materials that, despite its reduced appearance, offers superior comfort and durability. Integrated into the minimalistic tail of the motorcycle, it floats seamlessly above the rear wheel, adding to the unique experience of riding the SVARTPILEN 701.
- Tail: Extending from the main bodywork and floating above the rear wheel is the unique tail of the SVARTPILEN 701. Its reduced appearance is a stand-out component of the design and also features a flat track-inspired side panel that enhances its timeless design.
- Tank & Filler Cap: The aluminium filler cap sits proudly atop the 12 L fuel tank and displays the Husqvarna Motorcycles logo as a stamp of premium quality. The tank seamlessly integrates into the overall design, and is a central focal point of the SVARTPILEN 701's style. Its uniquely shaped profile allows the rider to move seamlessly between riding positions, while the black painted finish and subtle accents highlight its progressive design.
- Control Zone & Triple Clamp: Offroad style handlebars and risers provide a comfortable upright riding position, and a great visual perspective. The premium quality forged aluminium triple clamps are designed to ensure high levels of strength and reliability while also delivering advanced feedback and comfort to the rider. The bike's SIMPLE. PROGRESSIVE. design means no fairings or unnecessary attachments obstruct the control zone and simply features a digital display unit with the necessary information.
- Lights: The premium LED headlight on the SVARTPILEN 701 has an unmistakable look. It is integrated into the number board style front panel, which is another subtle element of its flat track inspiration. Around the circumference is a daytime running light, making the SVARTPILEN 701 clearly visible in all conditions.The LED tail light is integrated within the sleek bodywork and together with the swingarm mounted license plate and turn signals, give the rear end a clean, uninterrupted look.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 692.7 cm³
- Bore: 105 mm
- Stroke: 80 mm
- Power in KW: 55 kW
- Starter: Electric starter
- Lubrication: Forced oil lubrication with 2 oil pumps
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Cooling: Liquid cooled
- Clutch: APTC(TM) slipper clutch, hydraulically actuated
- EMS: Keihin EMS, twin ignition
- Frame design: Chromium-Molybdenum steel trellis frame, powder coated
- Front suspension: WP upside-down Ø 43 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Front brake disc diameter: 320 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 240 mm
- ABS: Bosch 9M+ two-channel ABS
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 65 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 692.7 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 105 x 80 mm
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Front Suspension
- WP upside-down Ø 43 mm
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Front Brakes
- 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- 240 mm