2018 Husqvarna Motorcycles VITPILEN 701
Call for Price
A Powerful Urban Icon
The VITPILEN 701 is an immaculately designed street bike that offers a new perspective on urban motorcycling. Driven by a powerful single-cylinder engine, this compact and agile motorcycle is expertly crafted to deliver minimalist styling with exceptional performance and reduced to the bare essence of what a motorcycle should be. Created to suit the unique, progressive lifestyle of modern motorcycling, it delivers a more thrilling, honest and real bike experience.
- Exterior: The design idea is to strip away all unnecessary gimmicks and create a simple, progressive mix of classic thinking and modern design. This way of thinking is synonymous with the Swedish heritage of Husqvarna Motorcycles and can be clearly seen on the VITPILEN 701. The lightweight and narrow bodywork is shaped into the VITPILEN 701´s progressive design and intelligently allows for seamless movement while riding.
- Wheels: Lightweight 17" cast alloy wheels are a design highlight of the VITPI LEN 701. The wheels offer a unique sense of style and ensure high levels of strength and durability with minimal unsprung weight. The Husqvarna logo is embedded into the wheel, discreetly highlighting the attention to detail on the VITPILEN 701.
- Split: Integrated within the bodywork is a progressive design feature known as "the split". This yellow division runs diagonally from top to bottom and starts from the rear of the fuel tank, down to the exhaust hanger. This element is unique to Husqvarna and further showcases the brand's pioneering design direction.
- Seat: The seat of the VITPILEN 701 uses high-quality foam and MOKKA leather fabric, which, despite its reduced appearance, remains comfortable for the rider. Extending from the main bodywork and seamlessly floating above the rear wheel, the seat forms part of the minimalistic rear subframe, which adds to the unique riding experience the VITPILEN 701 provides.
- Tank & Filler Cap: The aluminium filler cap proudly displays the Husqvarna Motorcycles logo, like a stamp of premium quality, standing humble but bold on the fuel tank. The tank is seamlessly integrated into the design, and is a central focal point of the VITPILEN 701 style. The intelligent design also allows the rider to move seamlessly between riding positions, while painted finishes and subtle accents highlight its progressive and unique design.
- Control Zone & Triple Clamp: Clip-on handlebars attach to forged aluminium triple clamps, central to the VITPILEN 701 style. In keeping with the minimalistic look of the SIMPLE.PROGRESSIVE. design, the control zone is not obstructed by any fairings and simply features a digital display unit with the necessary information.
- Lights: The premium LED headlight on the VITPILEN 701 conveys an unmistakable look. Around the circumference is a daytime running light, making the VITPILEN 701 clearly visible in all conditions.The LED tail light is integrated within the sleek bodywork and gives the rear end a clean, uninterrupted appearance.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 692.7 cm³
- Bore: 105 mm
- Stroke: 80 mm
- Power in KW: 55 kW
- Starter: Electric starter
- Lubrication: Forced oil lubrication with 2 oil pumps
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Primary drive: 36:79
- Cooling: Liquid cooled
- Clutch: APTC(TM) slipper clutch, hydraulically actuated
- EMS: Keihin EMS with RBW, twin ignition
- Frame design: Chromium-Molybdenum steel trellis frame, powder coated
- Front suspension: WP upside-down Ø 43 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Front brake disc diameter: 320 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 240 mm
- ABS: Bosch 9M+ two-channel ABS (disengageable)
- Steering head angle: 65 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 692.7 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 105 x 80 mm
- Front Suspension
- WP upside-down Ø 43 mm
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Front Brakes
- 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- 240 mm