2019 Yamaha VXR
*Notes: Add $695, GST, and PST to the sale price of the unit for the “Drive Away” total "cash" price.
Agile and powerful, the Yamaha VXR is serious fun with its large displacement, advanced driver-focused technologies and aggressive styling. The lightweight and nimble VXR offers the best competition-level value on the water.
NanoXCel2 Hull & Deck: New for 2019, the NanoXCel®2 hull and deck delivers an impressive power-to-weight ratio, agile ride and industry-leading fuel efficiency.
Ride Technology: Textured and bolstered for grip and comfort when charging into turns.
Race-Inspired Seat: Textured and bolstered for grip and comfort when charging into turns.
- The VXR is powered by Yamaha's 1812cc, high output engine which is the largest displacement engine in the PWC industry. This new generation of power balances high performance, economy, environmental awareness and the reliability Yamaha is famous for.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Four individual throttle bodies, throttle position sensor (TPS), intake air pressure and air temperature sensors supply the optimum air/fuel mixture. The result is a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Throttle by wire reverse system controls RPM in reverse gear for maximum thrust efficiency
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that's lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from unwanted water ingestion.
- SAWS (Scavenger Assist Wet Sump): Equipped with a high-performance, compact gas-liquid separator, this engine uses Yamaha's unique ultra compact lubrication system and the oil pan structure.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
- All-new race-inspired ride plate and intake screen: Keep riders glued to the water, even at top speed.
- The VXR's 155mm hyper-flow jet pump propulsion system with three-blade stainless steel impeller: Designed to maximize water flow for high performance. The VXR pump configuration provides excellent hook-up and quick acceleration.
- RiDE (Reverse with Intuitive Deceleration Electronics) - The world's first dual handlebar throttle control system is easy and intuitive. Pull the right lever to go forward, and the left lever for reverse. Pull them both, or in any combination, and the system reacts with precise control. Benefits include better handling, smooth deceleration and more control while turning.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
- All-new Electronic trim allows the rider to adjust the handling characteristics of the watercraft on the fly from a looser, more playful feel to a more planted, high-performance experience.
- Engine Type: 4-cylinder, 4-stroke, 1.8 Litre High Output Yamaha Marine Engine
- Bore and Stroke: 86 x 78 mm
- Displacement: 1,812 cc
- Fuel: Regular unleaded
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Cooling: Open Looped, water
- Ignition: Direct Ignition
- Compression Ratio: 11:1
- Fuel Delivery: EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection)
- Spark Plug: NGK LFR 6A
- Pump: 155 mm High Pressure
- Transmission: Direct Drive from Engine
- Impeller: 3-Blade, 14.9° pitch, Stainless Steel
- Fuel Capacity: 70L (18.5 US gal.)
- Oil Capacity: 5.3L (1.4 US gal.)
- Vehicle Capacity: 1, 2, or 3 persons / 240 kg (529 lb.)
- Storage Capacity: 93.2L (24.6 gal.)
- Hull Material: NanoXcel® 2 Ultra-lightweight Hull and Deck
- Warranty: 1 year limited
- Length: 3.35 m (131.9 in.)
- Width: 1.22 m (48 in.)
- Height: 1.19 m (46.9 in.)
- Dry Weight: 348 kg (767 lb.)
- Colour(s): Torch Red Metallic with White, Azure Blue Metallic with White
- Engine Type
- 4-cylinder, 4-stroke, 1.8 Litre High Output Yamaha Marine Engine
- 1,812 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 86 x 78 mm
- Open Looped, water
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection)
- Direct Ignition
- Dry Weight
- 348 kg (767 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 70L (18.5 US gal.)
- 1.19 m (46.9 in.)
- 3.35 m (131.9 in.)
- 1.22 m (48 in.)
- Oil Capacity
- 5.3L (1.4 US gal.)
- Rider Capacity
- 1, 2, or 3 persons / 240 kg (529 lb.)
- Storage Capacity
- 93.2L (24.6 gal.)
- 3-Blade, 14.9° pitch, Stainless Steel
- 155 mm High Pressure
- Direct Drive from Engine
- Hull Type
- NanoXcel® 2 Ultra-lightweight Hull and Deck
- Torch Red Metallic with White, Azure Blue Metallic with White
- 1 year limited