2018 Yamaha Sidewinder B-TX SE 153 (1.75 in.)
Thinking about a new Yamaha sled? Look no further! We have a few 2017's in stock and they are priced to clear at Proline Motorsports & Marine. Purchase a new 2018 Yamaha snowmobile and take advantage of MASSIVE factory incentives!!! Thinking of financing? With the Proline Finance Advantage Program, our finance brokers can build you a customized program that best fits your needs. Get your new 2018 Yamaha sled now. Contact one of our Product Advisors for details.
*Note: Add $595, GST, and PST to the sale price of the unit for the “Drive Away total “cash”
Venture off the beaten path and don't hesitate about the traditional back country boundaries with Sidewinder B-TX SE 153 1.75. Found with features littered on a mountain sled but offered with sea level calibration, the B-TX boasts the off-trail performance of a mountain sled without the added hassle and expense.
- 998 Yamaha Genesis Turbo Engine: Industry's highest horsepower, Designed around a premium turbo unit to produce uncompromised performance and reliability, Yamaha engineered for no turbo lag
- Backcountry X Track: 1.75" lug Backcountry track is proven - dependable, Hit the trail without worry about speed affecting track durability, Ultimate trail-crossover track
- Adjustable 40 Inch Ski Stance: 40 inch ski stance hits the sweet spot between on trail stability with cornering prowess and off-trail maneuverability for deep snow carving, Rubber pillow blocks on the skis can be cross fitted to provide additional ski width adjustment, Quick riding transitions from side-to-side
- 998 Genesis Turbo Engine: The turbo boosted, one liter triple is unmatched when it comes to delivering incredible power with the refinement and quality you have come to expect from a Yamaha. Designed around a premium turbo unit, every engine component from intake to exhaust, is dedicated to producing uncompromised performance. In only its second year in production the Yamaha turbo has earned the respect and reputation befitting the industries highest achiever. Truly this is the potent venom of a Sidewinders bite.
- YSRC High Performance Clutch System: The YSRC primary and roller secondary clutches were specifically designed for durable, cool operation. They harness and transfer the massive torque produced by the Genesis Turbo, efficiently to the track while minimizing drive belt wear. The primary shifts out aggressively to use all the power on tap while the roller secondary is quick to back-shift and provides additional ratio through its oversize sheaves to keep accelerating long after the others have signed off.
- BackCountry X Track: The 1.75 inch lug Backcountry track is proven - dependable. When you want to hit the trail without worry about speed affecting track durability and still have the bite to dive confidently into the deep stuff, there is no better choice. The BackCountry is the ultimate trail crossover track and the long 153 inch version provides the additional float to harness the awesome power from the big turbo.
- Adjustable 40 inch Ski Stance: The 40 inch ski stance hits the sweet spot between on trail stability with cornering prowess and off-trail maneuverability for deep snow carving with quick transitions from side to side. The rubber pillow blocks on the skis can be cross fitted providing additional ski width adjustment.
- EBRS Engine Braking Control: The effect of 4-stroke 'engine braking' when the throttle valves are closed has a significant impact on handling and ride character. Yamaha developed a special system which employs the ISC (idle speed control) circuit and ECU map using throttle valve movement and RPM information to reduce negative intake pressure during deceleration.
- High Tech Turbo: The Nickel alloy turbine body is extremely strong and precise, able to withstand highly elevated temperatures. Supported by premium, ceramic ball bearings, the Inconel turbine blade assembly is very light and strong. This yields a low moment of inertia for lightning quick response to exhaust gas input. Triple throttle bodies are used exclusively to further enhance the quick delivery of compressed air from the impeller to intake valves.
- Mitsubishi Electronic Control Unit: The Yamaha-developed Mitsubishi ECU uses a series of 9 sensors to gather running condition data which it computes using a predetermined memory 'map'. It then adjusts ignition timing, fuel delivery, manifold air-pressure and turbo boost pressure to produce maximum performance under any condition - reliably.
- Triple Throttle Body Induction: Yamaha wanted an engine that's exceptionally quick to respond with little or no 'lag' as found in a conventional turbo. One of the ways they achieved their goal was to develop an intake system using three separate throttle bodies positioned very close to the intake valves. Instead of just one feeding long intake tubes ? something that is not seen in any other production turbo on the planet. And another first for Yamaha with the Genesis turbo.
- Electronic Air Bypass Valve (APV): Unlike conventional turbo 'blow-off' valves, the Yamaha ABV redirects air pressure back into the intake side of the compressor to prevent surge and help maintain impeller speed, always at the ready for the next acceleration with seamless power delivery.
- Liquid Cooled Turbo Body: Engine coolant is circulated through the turbocharger to control both underhood temperature and help cool the intake charge. Upon engine shut down, the convection energy produced by super-heated coolant at the turbo head keeps it circulating without the coolant pump in operation. This eliminates the need for an engine cool down cycle while maintaining high durability in the turbo components.
- Centralized Mass Design: The SRV chassis layout was engineered with the goal of centralizing mass. Approximately 60 percent of the sled's weight is tightly centered within the main triangulation. The result is a quick-handling, well balanced sled, that's fun to throw around in a wide variety of conditions.
- SRV Front suspension: The SRV front suspension geometry is aimed at managing spindle camber, resulting in minimized bump-steer and maximized cornering bite giving rider confidence in varying trail conditions. The A-arms are mounted at a 30-degree angle from the sled's centerline to efficiently dissipate impact force throughout the entire chassis. Likewise, the front shocks mount directly to the leading spar so that trail forces are routed to the strongest part of the chassis. Wide a-arm spacing minimizes flex and stress in the front suspension system, which means consistent and confident corner handling.
- Lightweight, Rigid SRV Chassis: The SRV chassis combines a load-bearing triangulated structure with lightweight aluminum construction to create a neutrally balanced sled that's centered on the rider. The pyramidal upper frame creates chassis strength without excessive weight.
- Yamaha Mountain Ski: The lightweight Yamaha Mountain ski delivers everything you want in a deep snow ski. Its wide footprint enhances flotation and actively lifts the sled's nose up on plane in deep powder. Traction lugs on the top of the ski give you a sure foothold when the situation gets really gnarly. The wide and deep keel design deliver light steering effort yet confident and predictable handling on hard pack and in fresh fluff.
- Lightweight SRV Mountain Chassis: The SRV M chassis combines a load-bearing triangulated structure with lightweight aluminum construction to create a neutrally balanced sled that's centered on the rider. The pyramidal upper frame creates chassis strength without excessive weight.
- Contoured Mountain Seat: Lightweight, with a tall and narrow profile, the M-TX mountain seat is both shorter and more tapered towards the front than our standard trail seat. This allows for easier rider transitions from side-to-side, and improved stand-up ergonomics.
- Large fuel tank: The Sidewinder's generous 10 gallon / 38 liter fuel tank serves more purposes than just carrying a day's worth of fuel. It also cradles the battery and is the platform for the quick-release trail seat. The ever-changing fuel load is carried low and rearward, helping centralize the overall mass and balance of the sled.
- Digital Gauge: Full-featured and easy to read, the digital gauge displays critical information in a glance including speed, fuel level, trip mileage, tach and more. We even included a clock so you can watch the time fly.
- Push Button Reverse: Convenient handlebar positioning makes shifting to and from reverse easy with just the push of your thumb. A servo motor shifts the drivetrain into reverse simply and consistently. An audible warning beeper reminds you when you are still in reverse.
- Standard Electric Start: Yamaha's electric starter system allows you to fire up your Sidewinder with the turn of a key. There is no pulling on a nylon cord to get this high-tech engine growling! And you don't pay more - Electric start is a standard feature on all of Yamaha's 4-stroke machines.
- Engine: Turbocharged, 4-stroke / Liquid cooled
- Cylinders: 3-cylinder / 998cc
- Bore and Stroke: 80 x 66.2 mm
- Fuel Delivery: Electronic Fuel Injection
- Clutch/Transmission: YSRC
- Disc Brake Type: Hydraulic disc
- Electric Start/DC Output: Standard / Standard
- Reverse: Push Button
- Suspension (Front): Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front shocks: Fox ® FLOAT® 3
- Front Travel: 9" (229 mm)
- Ski type: Yamaha Mountain
- Suspension (Rear): MTN
- Rear Shocks: Monotube Alum-HP GAS-1.5 / Fox® FLOAT® 3
- Rear Travel: 15.5" (394 mm)
- Yamaha Performance Damper: N/A
- Length: 132" (3360 mm)
- Width: 48" (1219 mm)
- Track (WxLxH): 15" x 153" x 1.75" (381 x 3886 x 44.5mm) Camoplast® Black Country XTM
- Ski stance C to C: 40 in. (1016 mm) adjustable
- Fuel Capacity (L): 37.5
- Hand and Thumb warmers: N/A
- Heated Seat: Optional
- Windshield height: Small SE (326 mm)
- Headlights: LED
- Electric Power Steering: N/A
- Backrest: N/A
- Mirrors: Optional
- Tow Hitch: N/A
- Colour(s): Grey / High Vis
- Simplicity: While other plans bog you down in the details, factory-backed YPP gives you bulletproof protection from the unexpected. And it's as simple to use and understand as your Yamaha factory warranty.
- Protection From Expensive Bills: YPP is there whether your repair is a few dollars or a few thousand.
- No Deductible to Pay - Ever: Under YPP, Yamaha picks up the entire cost to repair every applicable manufacturing defect.
- Pick up Where Your Factory Warranty Leaves Off: YPP takes over automatically - and immediately - when your factory warranty expires.
- Added Value for Your Yamaha: Your YPP warranty is transferable, increasing the value of your Yamaha if you decide to sell or trade.
- No Claim Forms: Since we already know your Yamaha, there's no need for you to fill out lengthy claim forms. Your YPP information is available at every authorized Yamaha dealer across Canada.
- Affordable Options: Purchase years of YPP coverage at a fraction of what a single major repair costs. You can also use the Yamaha Financial Services program to finance this coverage.
- Real Peace of Mind: Yamaha is ready to step in to make necessary repairs (excluding those due to normal wear or aging) using genuine Yamaha parts and factory authorized technicians for the full duration of your coverage.
- Yamaha Protection Plus Does Not Cover Failures Resulting From: Commercial or Rental Usage, Racing or competition, Modification of original parts, Installation or use of non-authorized parts or accessories, Use of lubricants, oil and fuel oil mixture other than those recommended in the owner's manual, Accidents or collision or theft damage, Submersion, Fire, Appearance related damage - scratches, dents, fading, flaking, peeling, Normal wear and tear or lack of maintenance, Abuse or neglect, Improper storage, Corrosion, Operated on surfaces not covered with sufficient snow
- The Following Parts Are Not Covered: Drive belts, Skis, ski wear rods and ski skins, Sliders, tracks, track clips, Batteries, Oil, lubes, filters, spark plugs, Light bulbs, sealed beams and fuses, High tension cables, Seat and/or covers, Idler wheels and bearings, Brake pads, Drive chain and sprockets, Primary clutch tuning parts, Secondary clutch tuning parts, Body, windshield and other cosmetic parts, 20,000 km mileage limit *
- Engine Type
- Turbocharged, 4-stroke
- Bore x Stroke
- 80 x 66.2 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Liquid cooled
- Brake Type
- Hydraulic disc
- Front Suspension
- Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front Travel
- 9 in. (229 mm)
- Rear Suspension
- Rear Travel
- 15.5 in. (394 mm)
- Ski Type
- Yamaha Mountain
- Ski Stance
- 40 in. (1016 mm) adjustable
- Track Dimensions
- 15 x 153 x 1.75 in. (381 x 3886 x 44.5mm) Camoplast® Black Country XTM
- Fuel Capacity
- 37.5 L
- Grey / High Vis
- Electric Start
- Push Button