2018 Yamaha MT-09 - Matte Metallic Gray
Thinking about a new Yamaha motorcycle? Look no further! Purchase a new 2018 Yamaha motorcycle!!! Thinking of financing? With the Proline Finance Advantage Program, our finance brokers can build you a customized program that best fits your needs. It’s time to Ride! Get out and make tracks aboard your new 2018 Yamaha motorcycle. Contact one of our Product Advisors for details.
*Note: Add $595, GST, and PST to the sale price of the unit for the “Drive Away total “cash” price.
The MT-09 naked sports roadster has taken the next step in its evolution. Heading an impressive list of changes for 2017 is the addition of confidence inspiring ABS brakes, all- new super aggressive "twin eye" LED headlights and a revised fully adjustable 41 mm inverted fork thanks to the addition of compression damping adjustment. The one thing that didn't change is the incredible 847 cc, 3 cylinder engine that is guaranteed to put a grin on your face every time you twist the throttle.
Power: Liquid-cooled 4-stroke, 850cc in-line 3-cylinder fuel-injected engine with a downdraft intake. The engine has been tuned to provide plenty of low to mid-range torque with strong yet linear throttle response.
Brakes: ABS equipped brakes feature dual 298 mm discs with 4-piston calipers up front and a 245 mm disc with single piston caliper in the rear providing peace of mind while braking under pressure or in wet conditions.
Style: The MT-09 features an aggressively styled twin-eye headlight assembly that gives this best-selling naked sport a more menacing look. The slanting dual headlights are equipped with four LED bulbs, accompanied by dual LED positioning lights.
- Compact, 847cc, DOHC, 12-valve (4-valves/cyl) in-line triple
- Assist & slipper clutch
- Traction control system (2 modes plus off)
- 41 mm inverted fork with compression & rebound damping adjustment
- ABS equipped brakes
- Super aggressive, LED "twin eye" headlights & full LED lighting
- Swingarm mounted rear fender & license plate holder
- Accessory quick shifter ready.
- Slim, compact, 847cc, DOHC, 4- valve, liquid-cooled, 42.5 degree inclined, inline-three cylinder engine. The engine has been tuned to provide plenty of low & mid-range torque with strong yet linear throttle response: 4-valve, downdraft style combustion chamber; excellent torque output... especially in the low to mid rpm range; 4-valve design maximizes flow into & out of combustion chamber; 31 mm intake & 25 mm exhaust valves; valve angle is 26.5 degrees to keep combustion chamber compact; stainless steel valves feature an Isonite surface treatment & carburized tips for excellent durability & wear resistance
- Valve adjustment intervals are every 42,000 kms: design reduces inertia torque while emphasizing linear torque in response to the rider's throttle action; design has been optimized to achieve strong torque over a broad rpm range; fast, linear throttle response; engine design allows a whole new level of "rider - machine communication"
- 120 degree crankshaft: design reduces inertia torque while emphasizing linear torque in response to the rider's throttle action; design has been optimized to achieve strong torque over a broad rpm range; fast, linear throttle response; engine design allows a whole new level of "rider - machine communication"
- Lightweight "coupling force balancer" is used to reduce engine vibration for excellent rider comfort: lower end "cap" of the rod is made from the same piece of material as the upper portion; the 2 pieces are "split" apart using a special fracturing process & then machined; design aids in establishing true big end roundness & greater precision in con rod dimensions for excellent durability despite the high horsepower loads.
- "Fracture split" connecting rods feature a "nut less" design: lower end "cap" of the rod is made from the same piece of material as the upper portion; the 2 pieces are "split" apart using a special fracturing process & then machined; design aids in establishing true big end roundness & greater precision in con rod dimensions for excellent durability despite the high horsepower loads.
- Lightweight, forged, aluminum short skirt pistons: design aids in fast engine response; reduces mechanical vibration; excellent durability
- Direct ceramic composite plated cylinder uses "liner less" bores: ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum block, eliminating the liner & reducing weight; excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery; coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
- Offset cylinder design: cylinder is "offset" relative to the crank (toward exhaust side); reduces frictional losses between the pistons and the cylinder wall during the power stroke for improved power output
- One-piece cylinder and upper crankcase assembly: superior engine & chassis rigidity (engine is a stressed member); reduces weight
- Lightweight hollow camshafts: cam profiles are designed for excellent torque in the low & mid rpm range
- Crankcases feature a "Tri-Axis" layout for the crank, main & drive axles: creates a more compact & shorter engine front to back; shorter engine allows for optimum engine placement in the "sweet spot" of frame for desired weight distribution & great handling
- Closed loop Mikuni, 41mm, throttle body fuel injection system: system uses throttle position sensor (TPS) & acceleration position sensor (APS); injectors feature 12 holes & 20 degree spray pattern; injectors spray fuel directly at the intake valve; "closed loop system" uses an oxygen sensor to "sniff" spent exhaust & automatically adjust the fuel / air ratio for reduced emissions; fuel injection benefits include choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
- Yamaha Chip Control Throttle (YCC-T): YCC-T electronically controls throttle valves for outstanding throttle response & controllability; YCC-T system provides precise control of intake air volume for a smoother torque curve; ECU that controls YCC-T is capable of responding to changes at a speed of 1000th of a second
- Yamaha D-Mode variable throttle control ... 3 modes available: enables the rider to adjust the performance characteristics of the engine based on riding preferences or riding conditions; standard mode emphasizes very linear throttle & torque feel of the engine; A mode allows the rider to enjoy even sportier engine performance in the low to mid rpms; B Mode reduces throttle response for riding situations that require softer power characteristics, such as slippery or wet conditions; D-Mode button is conveniently located on the RHS handle bar switch gear
- Traction control system with 2 modes plus off: mode 1 provides mid-level intervention (allows some wheel spin); mode 2 provides maximum intervention (no wheel spin); works in conjunction with the YCC-T system (utilizing same wheel sensors as ABS system); system senses when the rear wheel begins to spin & modifies the YCC-T function, ignition timing & fuel injection volume to reduce power & eliminate wheel spin; status indicator / warning light in meter assembly
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU) utilizes a powerful 32-bit processor for fast control of the injection, engine management & ignition processes: benefit is a wide torque curve & exciting intake sound that accentuates the exhaust note; viscous paper type air filter is used
- Air box features dual resonator chambers & unequal internal intake funnel lengths for all 3 cylinders: benefit is a wide torque curve & exciting intake sound that accentuates the exhaust note; viscous paper type air filter is used
- Compact 6-speed transmission: gear ratios are optimized to accentuate the torque & throttle response of the engine; accessory plug & play quick shifter
- Compact, slipper (back limiter) clutch with assist: slipper clutch reduces the negative effects of engine braking on handling & suspension; reduces rear wheel hop/ chatter when decelerating for improved riding performance & smoother corner entries; assist function reduces clutch lever effort by up to 20%
- Accessory quick shifter ready: allows for faster upshifts by eliminating the need to close the throttle or pull in the clutch; works with standard shift pattern; reduces wear & tear on the clutch & transmission; easy plug-and-play installation (part number: BS2-E81A0-V0-00)
- Revised, compact, low mounted, 3 into 1 exhaust system: stainless steel header pipes with special "Nano-film" coating; muffler is a triple expansion type with a 3-way honeycomb catalyzer to reduce emissions; low mounted design centralizes mass for excellent handling & light weight feeling; revised muffler cover & end cap for improved appearance
- Flat design radiator with new side scoops: protector plate on lower edge of rad prevents small stones from hitting the rad & cooling fan; new side scoops direct air into rad plus adds a styling protector plate on lower edge of rad prevents small stones from hitting the rad & cooling fan
- Wet sump lubrication system with liquid-cooled oil cooler & easy access drain plug & oil filter: liquid-cooled oil cooler maintains stable lubricant temperatures for extended engine life; easy access spin-on type oil filter & drain plug for fast oil changes
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI): produces a strong spark for fast starts; provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- Air Injection System (AIS... not ram air) injects fresh air into exhaust ports to fully burn any unburnt fuel, reducing exhaust emissions.
- CF (Controlled Filling) die cast, twin spar, diamond-type, aluminum frame: provides an optimized rigidity balance for incredible sports performance & excellent stability; engine is a stressed member of the chassis, allowing a lighter, more compact main frame; light, agile handling qualities
- Riding position is one of the most important features of the MT-09 chassis: upright seating position offers a balance between sports handling & excellent rider comfort
- Key chassis geometry figures include:: 1440mm (56.7") wheelbase, 25 degrees of rake & 103 mm of trail; front to rear weight distribution is 51 / 49%; lean angle is 51 degrees, highlighting the sporty nature of the MT-09; chassis dimensions & shape are designed to enhance the qualities of the 3 cylinder engine, to centralize mass & lower the centre of gravity
- Detachable, round tube steel rear sub frame: allows easy access to rear suspension components; reduces costs in the event of damage
- Externally mounted, C.F. (Controlled Filling) die cast aluminum, truss-type rear swingarm: external design means the swingarm mounts on the outside of the frame spars... not the inside; external design keeps unit narrower in the seat - fuel tank junction which influences seat height & makes it easier to touch the ground; lightweight design reduces unsprung weight for superior suspension performance; excellent rear wheel traction & control
- Fully adjustable, 41mm inverted fork offers 137mm (5.4") of wheel travel: spring preload, compression & rebound adjustability; separated adjustments; compression adjustment in right fork, rebound in left fork; inverted design benefits include, reduced "unsprung" weight & reduced fork flex since the larger diameter tubes are gripped in the triple clamps; adjustable design allows the rider to tailor suspension settings to match rider weight, road conditions & riding style to optimize handling & suspension performance
- Lightweight, aluminum upper & lower triple clamps: rear shock adjustments include: 7-steps of spring preload & 3 turns of rebound damping
- Adjustable link-type Monocross rear suspension with 130 mm (5.1") of wheel travel: rear shock adjustments include: 7-steps of spring preload & 3 turns of rebound damping
- ABS equipped, dual 298 mm floating front discs squeezed by radial mount, mono-block, 4-piston calipers: radial mount design helps to reduce caliper distortion for improved braking performance; master cylinder uses a 16 mm piston; excellent stopping power & control with good lever feedback
- ABS equipped, 245 mm rear disc squeezed by a lightweight single piston, slide-type Nissin caliper: ABS controlling ECU & hydraulic unit are combined into a single compact unit to reduce weight & centralize mass; when ABS system senses impending wheel lock-up (via active type wheel sensors) it regulates hydraulic braking pressure to the point just before the wheel or wheels lock-up; ABS benefits include; excellent control under hard braking or when braking on wet, slippery or loose surfaces
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS): ABS controlling ECU & hydraulic unit are combined into a single compact unit to reduce weight & centralize mass; when ABS system senses impending wheel lock-up (via active type wheel sensors) it regulates hydraulic braking pressure to the point just before the wheel or wheels lock-up; ABS benefits include; excellent control under hard braking or when braking on wet, slippery or loose surfaces
- Lightweight, cast-aluminum 10-spoke wheels: lightweight design reduces unsprung weight for excellent suspension & handling characteristics; front rim size is MT3.50-17; rear rim size is MT5.50-17
- Conventional, tapered aluminum handlebar: lightweight & strong; offers a comfortable, upright riding position for excellent all day riding comfort; traditional design allows easy replacement to a different "bend" if desired
- 14-litre steel fuel tank: slim design with great knee grip; steel allows use of magnetic style tank bags; reserve portion of the tank is 2.8 litres (low fuel light illuminates); internal electric fuel pump
- One piece, long design rider & passenger seat: seat height is 815 mm (32.1"); dual texture seat cover
- Compact, liquid crystal multi-function meter / instrument: functions (all digital) include: bar-style tachometer, digital speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, fuel reserve trip meter (counts kilometers since low fuel light illuminated) coolant temperature, gear indicator, instant & average fuel consumption, intake air temperature, D-mode display & engine trouble diagnostic mode; background illumination is adjustable
- Super aggressive, LED "twin eye" headlights with LED position lights: compact LED twin headlights (2 - LEDs per headlight); on low beam the inner 2 - LEDs illuminate; on high beam all 4 - LEDs illuminate; LED position lighting below the main twin eye lights (3 - LEDs per strip); LEDs have a much longer service life Vs. conventional bulbs & also use less power; LED lighting compliments MT-09's aggressive, lightweight "naked roadster styling"
- 4 - LED tail light with unique running / brake light display.
- Forged aluminum, swingarm mounted rear fender & license plate holder.
- Triple auxiliary DC connectors (2 x 2A & 1 x 5A)
- Lightweight forged aluminum footrests, shifter and rear brake pedal
- Lockable steering
- Excessive lean angle engine cut-out switch (if unit is on its side the engine will shut down)
- Durable "O"-ring drive chain
- Convenient oil level sight glass
- Low-maintenance sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
- Yamaha diagnostic tool connector
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, DOHC, 12-valve (4-valves/cyl), inline-three cylinder
- Displacement: 847cc
- Bore and Stroke: 78 x 59.1 mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Maximum Torque: 8.9 kg-m (64.3 ft-lb.) @ 8,500 rpm
- Engine Management: YCC-T, D-Mode & Traction Control
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni 41mm throttle body F.I.
- Estimated Fuel Consumption±: 18.6kpl / 52.5 mpg (Imp.)
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Ignition / Starting: TCI / Electric
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Final Drive: "O"-ring chain
- Suspension (Front): Adjustable 41mm inverted fork / 137mm (5.4 in.) wheel travel
- Suspension (Rear): Adjustable link Monocross / 130mm (5.1 in.) wheel travel
- Brakes (Front): Dual 298 mm discs / radial mount 4-piston calipers / ABS equipped
- Brakes (Rear): 245 mm disc / single piston caliper / ABS equipped
- Tires (Front): 120/70ZR17
- Tires (Rear): 180/55ZR17
- Length: 2,075 mm (81.7 in.)
- Width: 815 mm (32.1 in.)
- Height: 1,120 mm (44.1 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,440 mm (56.7 in.)
- Rake / Trail: 25° / 103 mm
- Ground Clearance: 135 mm (5.3 in.)
- Seat Height: 820 mm (32.3 in.)
- Fuel Capacity: 14 L (3.1 imp. gal.)
- Wet Weight: 193 kg (425 lb.)
- Colour(s): Matte Metallic Gray
- Engine Type
- DOHC, 12-valve (4-valves/cyl), inline-three cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 78 x 59.1 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mikuni 41mm throttle body F.I.
- Final Drive
- "O"-ring chain
- Front Suspension
- Adjustable 41mm inverted fork / 137mm (5.4 in.) wheel travel
- Rear Suspension
- Adjustable link Monocross / 130mm (5.1 in.) wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 298 mm discs / radial mount 4-piston calipers / ABS equipped
- Rear Brakes
- 245 mm disc / single piston caliper / ABS equipped
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 1,440 mm (56.7 in.)
- Seat Height
- 820 mm (32.3 in.)
- 25 deg.
- 103 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 14 L (3.1 imp. gal.)
- 18.6kpl / 52.5 mpg (Imp.)
- Dry Weight
- 193 kg (425 lb.)
- Matte Metallic Gray