2018 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS
Stock Image: Yamaha Blue
The new 2018 Yamaha ATV’s have arrived at Proline Motorsports. Use the Proline Finance Advantage Program and own this machine for LOW, LOW Bi-Weekly payments! With the Proline Finance Advantage Program, our finance brokers can build you a customized program that best fits your needs. Contact us now for details so you don’t miss out on any more riding time aboard your new Yamaha ATV!
*Note: Add $595, GST, and PST to the sale price of the unit for the “Drive Away total “cash” price.
When you rely on your ATV to get the job done, you can't afford overlooking quality, value and reliability. The Kodiak 700 excels in all three and is the most important tool you've got when the job demands a workhorse. The choice is easy.
• Independent Double Wishbone front and rear suspension offer superior traction and comfort.
• Electric Power Steering (EPS) reduces rider fatigue and handlebar "kickback"
• Durable sealed rear wet brake system provides strong and reliable stopping power while reducing wear from external elements.
• 708cc engine provides lots of linear torque and power for utility applications like towing or hauling heavy loads.
• Fuel-injection offers crisp throttle response and excellent cold-weather starting.
• The industry's most durable CVT comes in the form of the Yamaha Ultramatic Transmission. A proven winner with confidence inspiring downhill engine braking.
• Easy to read digital LCD monitor clearly displays information like fuel gauge, speedometer, odomoter, trip meters, clock, battery voltmeter, 4WD/Diff-Lock status, transmission gear indicator and EPS warning light.
• Body design is as practical as it is stylish with excellent splash protection, plenty of storage and easy access to essential maintenance items.
• Handlebar mounted 3rd headlight for added illumination.
- Push button On-Command 4WD drive system with diff lock.
- Push button On-Command 4WD drive system with diff lock
- Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- Heavy duty plastic A-arm guards
- 2" trailer hitch receiver
- Multi-function, digital LCD meter assembly
- Handlebar mounted 3rd headlight
- 708cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve, single produces serious torque & horsepower.
- Electric starting: includes auto decompression system for fast, easy starts
- DOHC 4-valve cylinder head design: 2-intake (39 mm) & 2-exhaust (32 mm) valves provide maximum breathing efficiency; compact combustion chamber for optimum combustion speed plus reduced heat & power losses: shim under bucket valve actuation for extended valve adjustment intervals
- Aluminum cylinder body with cast iron liner: aluminum design reduces weight; cylinder can be over bored in the event of an issue (2 sizes of overbore)
- Short skirt forged aluminum piston with Defric coating: reduced reciprocating mass means fast throttle response & less mechanical vibration; Defric coating reduces friction for improved power output
- Gear driven balancer shaft: reduces engine vibration for improved rider comfort
- 44 mm Mikuni throttle body fuel injection system with TPS & ISC: TPS (throttle position sensor) is used to more precisely calculate the fuel injection quantity for optimum power, excellent throttle response & reduced emissions; ISC (Idle speed control) helps ensure a steady idle even during warm up; other fuel injection benefits include; choke-free starting, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
- Throttle speed limiter: easy to adjust, screw type throttle speed limiter
- High mounted, high capacity air box with washable foam air filter: no tools required to access air filter; washable foam filter reduces tune-up costs; high mounted design helps prevent water ingestion; air box features a "no tools required" drain
- Yamaha's industry leading "Ultramatic" CVT (fully automatic) transmission with reverse & downhill engine braking: dual range, high - low transmission with reverse. Low range offers more "grunt" for towing or hauling heavy loads or when tackling technical terrain: CVT automatically selects the optimum transmission ratio, meaning you are always in the right "gear"; Ultramatic design offers controllable, confidence inspiring downhill engine braking; downhill engine braking also reduces brake wear & servicing; Ultramatic design features a special centrifugal clutch which keeps constant tension on the V-belt to reduce belt wear since the belt does not slip as the clutches engage; high mounted belt cooling ducts help prevent water ingestion; V-belt housing has a "no tools required" drain plug; automotive style, gated, 5-postion shifter (high, low, neutral, reverse & park)
- Super convenient, servo motor controlled, push button On-Command 4WD drive system with diff lock: On-Command drive system features 3 modes: 2wd, 4wd limited slip & 4wd differential lock; On-Command drive system lets you select the best mode for the conditions... not the machine; 4wd differential lock provides power to all 4 wheels for maximum traction and "bite"; special over ride switch eliminates the differential lock speed limiter if required; convenient handlebar mounted push button controller
- Straight design front & rear drive shafts: straight driveshaft layout eliminates U-joints for reduced friction, reduced noise & reduced vibration; front & rear CV drive shafts feature heavy duty rubber boots to protect the CV joints for extended service life & durability
- High capacity cooling system with electric cooling fan: maintains consistent engine temperatures for optimum performance; rad is positioned high in the frame for protection
- Wet sump lubrication system: spin on type oil filter for fast, easy oil changes
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI): produces a strong spark for fast starts; provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- Stainless steel exhaust system with catalyzer & cleanable spark arrestor: spark arrestor prevents stray sparks from exiting the exhaust; catalyzer reduces exhaust emissions; stainless steel design helps prevent rusting (muffler is painted)
- Air Injection System (AIS) injects fresh air into exhaust port to fully burn any unburnt fuel, reducing exhaust emissions.
- Rugged round tube, steel frame: compact design provides nimble, responsive handling; low seat height (860 mm / 33.9") reduces centre of gravity & improves rider confidence / security
- Electric Power Steering (EPS): significantly reduces steering effort resulting in less rider fatigue & improved rider comfort; speed sensitive system; more assist at slower speeds, less assist at higher speeds for optimum control; significantly reduces handlebar kickback when a front wheel strikes an obstacle; fully sealed system (electrics & gears)
- Adjustable independent double wishbone front & rear suspension: 5-position pre-load adjustable, nitrogen charged KYB front & rear shocks; 193 mm (7.6") front wheel travel & 232 mm (9.1") rear wheel travel; excellent rider comfort even on the toughest trails
- Steel "Wide Arc" style front A-arms: "Wide Arc" design increases ground clearance in the centre of the machine; 275 mm (10.8") of ground clearance; heavy duty plastic A-arm & CV boot guards
- Steel double wishbone rear A-arms: utilizes anti-sway bar on rear for optimum handling & reduced body roll; heavy duty plastic A-arm & CV boot guards
- Front hydraulic disc brakes: independent (separate) front & rear braking for enhanced control & terrain-ability; dual 220 mm (8.7") front rotors squeezed by single piston calipers; pads feature wear indicator grooves for visual pad wear inspection
- Rear "wet brake."; single rear "wet brake" is fully enclosed in the rear gear case housing; enclosed design keeps mud & water from entering the system & causing premature wear; consistent braking performance
- High-Performance MAXXIS tires: 25-inch tires mounted to rugged steel wheels; tire design enhances steering precision, ride comfort & tradition
- 18 litre fuel tank: located under the seat to lower the centre of gravity & centralize mass for nimble handling; reserve portion is 4 litres (low fuel indicator will begin flashing)
- Rugged & roomy floorboards: excellent rider foot protection; helps reduce mud & water splash
- Fully digital LCD meter assembly: functions include: speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, hour meter, clock, drive mode indicator, transmission gear indicator & various warning lights
- Centrally located storage compartment: roomy centre storage compartment (directly in front of the rider) with no tools required drain plug
- Convenient, 12 volt DC outlet: front fender mounted 10 amp / 120 watt, 12 volt DC outlet for work light, GPS, cell phone, etc..
- Full length skid plates: underside of unit is fully protected by rugged composite skid plates (3 piece); engine oil drain hole in centre skid plate; skid plates enhance terrain ability by allowing unit to slide more easily over obstacles
- High visibility lighting: 30/30 watt Krypton main headlights... turns with the handlebars; handlebar mounted halogen 3rd headlight... turns with the handlebars; rear tail light (brake & running lights)
- Heavy duty steel front & rear racks & trailer hitch; front rack max load: 50 kg (110 lbs.); rear rack max load: 90 kg (198 lbs.); centre-mounted, heavy duty, 2" hitch receiver; towing capacity: 600 kg (1,322 lbs.)
- Aggressive styling: injection-molded fenders with special scuff guard finish in selected areas
- Low maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during extended storage)
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve, fuel injected, single
- Displacement: 708cc
- Bore and Stroke: 103 mm x 85 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.1 : 1
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni 44 mm throttle body F.I.
- Ignition: TCI
- Starting: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: Yamaha Ultramatic CVT with push button On-Command 4WD drive system with diff lock
- Final Drive: Shafts
- Suspension (Front): Adjustable independent double wishbone / 180 mm (7.1 in.) of wheel travel
- Suspension (Rear): Adjustable independent double wishbone with anti-sway bar / 232 mm (9.1 in.) of wheel travel
- Brakes (Front): Dual 220 mm discs / single piston calipers
- Brakes (Rear): Multi-Disc wet brake in rear gearcase
- Tires (Front): Maxxis, AT25 x 8-12
- Tires (Rear): Maxxis, AT25 x 10-12
- Length: 2070 mm (81.5 in.)
- Width: 1180 mm (46.5 in.)
- Height: 1240 mm (48.8 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1250 mm (49.2 in.)
- Minimum Ground Clearance: 275 mm (10.8 in.)
- Turn Radius: 3.2 (126 in.)
- Tread (Front): 940 mm (37 in.)
- Tread (Rear): 915 mm (36 in.)
- Seat Height: 860 mm (33.9 in.)
- Wet Weight: 307 kg (677 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 18 L (4 Imp. gal.)
- Rack Capacity (Front): 50 kg (110 lb.)
- Rack Capacity (Rear): 90 kg (198 lb.)
- Towing Capacity: 600 kg (1,322 lb.)
- Colour(s): Yamaha Blue (steel wheels), Green (steel wheels)
- Warranty: One year (unlimited mileage)
- Engine Type
- DOHC, 4-valve, fuel injected, single
- Bore x Stroke
- 103 mm x 85 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Mikuni 44 mm throttle body F.I.
- Starting System
- Front Travel
- 180 mm (7.1 in.)
- Front Suspension
- Adjustable independent double wishbone
- Front Brake Type
- Dual 220 mm discs / single piston calipers
- Front Tires
- Maxxis, AT25 x 8-12
- Rear Travel
- 232 mm (9.1 in.)
- Rear Suspension
- Adjustable independent double wishbone with anti-sway bar
- Rear Brake Type
- Multi-Disc wet brake in rear gearcase
- Rear Tires
- Maxxis, AT25 x 10-12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 307 kg (677 lb.)
- Front Rack Capacity
- 50 kg (110 lb.)
- Rear Rack Capacity
- 90 kg (198 lb.)
- Towing Capacity
- 600 kg (1,322 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 18 L (4 Imp. gal.)
- Ground Clearance
- 275 mm (10.8 in.)
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 2070 mm (81.5 in.) x 1180 mm (46.5 in.) x 1240 mm (48.8 in.)
- 1250 mm (49.2 in.)
- Drive Train
- Push button On-Command 4WD drive system with diff lock
- Final Drive
- Yamaha Ultramatic CVT
- Yamaha Blue (steel wheels), Green (steel wheels)
- One year (unlimited mileage)