2018 Husqvarna Motorcycles TC 250
*Note: Add $595, GST, and PST to the sale price of the unit for the “Drive Away total “cash” price.
High intensity thrills
The TC 250 signifies the constant development and secure future of the historic 250cc 2-stroke in the Husqvarna line-up. Featuring the latest in chassis and engine design, the lightweight TC 250 delivers unrivalled 2-stroke performance with agile handling and comfortable ergonomics.
- Engine: The 250cc 2-stroke engine is the ultimate combination of unsurpassed power and lightweight construction. The simplicity and low maintenance cost of the 2-stroke motor makes it a favourite amongst motocross riders.
- Cylinder: The 66.4mm bore cylinder features an innovative power valve system which delivers smooth and controlled power throughout the RPM range. This can be further customised by simply changing two springs supplied and altering the power delivery for different track conditions or rider preference.
- Crankcases: The lightweight die-cast engine casings are developed to accommodate the shaft arrangements in the optimal position centralising oscillating mass and improving ride-ability. Additionally the counter balancer shaft is integrated in a very compact manner without compromising the overall design.
- Counter balancer shaft: The engine design incorporates a laterally mounted counter balancer shaft. This shaft significantly reduces vibrations resulting in a smoother, more comfortable ride.
- Frame: With years of experience in designing the most advanced steel frames in offroad, the engineers in Research and Development designed a chromium molybdenum steel frame that redefines every structural aspect that benefits handling, ergonomics and packaging. With carefully calculated tortional and longitudinal flex, the frame works in harmony with the suspension to offer sharp handling and superior comfort.
- Carbon fibre subframe: The use of carbon fibre strips away weight, improving weight distribution and bringing weight closer to the centre of gravity for precise handling. The composition of the material is 30% carbon fibre and the overall 3-piece construction is remarkably light but also very strong for an overall weight of 1.4 kg.
- Exhaust header: The exhaust header is manufactured by WP performance systems using a 3 dimensional stamping process. After the elements of the exhaust have been shaped they are robot welded to ensure the best quality and durability.
- Wheels and tyres: Black high-strength alloy rims by D.I.D are coupled to CNC machined hubs using lightweight spokes and silver anodised aluminium nipples. Fitted are Dunlop MX-3S Motocross tyres that feature the proven “block-within-a-block” design for more progressive cornering and superior grip.
- WP AER 48 suspension: The WP AER 48 is a new milestone in the development of Husqvarna motocross models. It is simple, lightweight and easy to adjust through a single air valve and supplied fork pump for pre-load and click adjusters for compression and rebound. The system is made up of a set of split-system forks consisting of an air suspension unit and a hydraulic damping unit.
- WP DCC rear suspension: The WP DCC rear shock is designed to provide advanced damping characteristics while keeping to a compact and lightweight design. With a pressure balance inside the shock, damping is consistent and results in greater rider comfort and handling. Additonally, the outer surface of the gas reservoir is corrugated and increases cooling. The component is also fully adjustable and matched to a linkage system with a specific geometry to deliver the best possible traction and progression.
- Magura hydraulic clutch: The high quality German-made Magura clutch system guarantees even wear, almost maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. This means that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remain identical in cold or hot conditions, as well as over time.
- Brakes: New for MY18 is a Magura front and rear braking system. The system features a similar layout to the previous design with improved sensitivity for a more modulated feel while still retaining the highest level of performance. 260mm disc front and 220mm rear.
- Components: The latest technology in engineering and production processes, combined with the highest quality components, makes for long-lasting performance.
- Pro Taper handlebar: Manufactured to exacting standards, the Pro Taper handlebar features class-leading fatigue resistance while adding minimal weight.
- Mikuni Carburettor: The TC 250 features a 38mm flat slide Mikuni TMX carburettor. This carburettor provides an increasingly smooth and controllable power delivery with optimal performance over the entire RPM range.
- DDS clutch: The DDS (damped diaphragm steel) clutch system is fitted to the TC 250. The inner hub and pressure plate have been designed for optimal oil flow and cooling, while the Magura hydraulics offer perfect modulation and control. The exclusive characteristics of this system include a single diaphragm steel pressure plate instead of traditional coil springs and integrates a damping system for increased traction and durability.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Displacement: 249cc
- Starter: Kickstarter
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Primary drive: 26:73
- Secondary gear ratio: 14:50
- Clutch: Wet, multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Kokusan
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 12.2 in. (310mm)
- Front brake: Magura two-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Rear brake: Magura single-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 63.9
- Seat height: 37.8 in. (960mm)
- Weight without fuel: 211.2 lb. (95.8 kg)
- Suspension travel (rear): 11.81 in. (300mm)
- Tank capacity (approx.): 1.85 gal. (7 L)
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Front Brakes
- Magura two-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Magura single-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Dry Weight
- 211.2 lb. (95.8 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.85 gal. (7 L)
- Seat Height
- 37.8 in. (960mm)
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.