2018 Husqvarna Motorcycles FC 450
Say Hello to the best riding season of the year! As we head in to the fall riding season we look forward to the amazing adventures and scenery. Plus, we get to see all of the new bikes for next year and even take advantage of some great deals on last years models! Check out this 2018 FC 450 from Husqvarna! You can save $1300 right now and take advantage special finance programs and rates. How does $56.44 bi-weekly sound? Simply click the “Apply for Finance” button on our website right now and your one step closer to get out riding your new Husqvarna motorcycle.
Husqvarna has deep history and has been pioneering motorcycles since 1903, and continues to raise the benchmark today in MX, enduro, enduro street, and SuperMoto. With standard feature like hydraulic clutch, switchable mapping, launch control, electric start, and a number of amazing features throughout this amazing line of premium motorcycles. Heritage, pride, and performance is all part of the Husqvarna Motorcycle life style. Come in to Proline today and find out why we chose to bring the Husqvarna to Saskatchewan.
*Notes: Add $595, GST, PST and Sask. Tire Tax to the sale price of the unit for the “Drive Away” total “cash” price. Husqvarna factory incentive program expires October 31/18. All factory rebates have been included in the “Sale” price, all rebates to dealer. The bi-weekly estimated finance payment is OAC / APR, applicable taxes are extra, payment includes freight (FOB Proline), dealer prep, documentation fees, and is based on 120 month amortization with a maximum 60 month term and $0 down. Sale limited to "in-stock" units only.
Strong, yet usable engine performance catapults the FC 450 into contention at the top of the 450 class. The FC 450 has astonishing force from the SOHC engine, incredible handling from the lightweight, cutting-edge chassis, and embodies the core values of Husqvarna. The standard electric start and handlebar-mounted map switch make the FC 450 one of the most advanced Motocross bikes on the market.
- Powerful engine: The SOHC engine is the perfect example of the advanced engineering techniques used by Husqvarna motorcycles. The 450cc offers a peak power of 63 hp at an overall weight of just 27.8kg. Mass-centralisation is key in the engine design, enabling chassis engineers to position the engine closer to the centre of gravity for greatly improved handling and manoeuvrability.
- Gearbox: The lightweight 5-speed gearbox has a low-friction coating on the shifting fork guaranteeing smooth and precise shifting. The gear lever features a design that prevents dirt build-up and keeps the lever tip in its original position in even the toughest conditions while an advanced gear sensor allows for specific engine maps tailored for each gear.
- Lightweight frame: With years of experience in designing the most advanced steel frames in offroad, the engineers in Research and Development designed a chromium molybdenum steel frame that redefines every structural aspect that benefits handling, ergonomics and packaging. With carefully calculated tortional and longitudinal flex, the frame works in harmony with the suspension to offer sharp handling and superior comfort. These characteristics, matched to a lightweight and compact engine design, offer exceptional handling precision while at the same time increasing bump-absorption and feeling.
- Carbon fibre subframe: The use of carbon fibre strips away weight, improving weight distribution and bringing weight closer to the centre of gravity for precise handling. The composition of the material is 30% carbon fibre and the overall 3-piece construction is remarkably light but also very strong for an overall weight of 1.4 kg. Additionally, a specific rigidity has been calculated in the component for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Crankshaft: The inertia produced by the crankshaft has been carefully calculated to deliver optimal traction and ride-ability from the powerful 450cc plant. Perfectly positioned, the component harnesses the rotating mass at the ideal centre of gravity resulting in a lightweight and agile handling feel. A plain big end bearing comprising of two force-fitted bearing shells ensure maximum reliability and durability, guaranteeing long service intervals of 100 hours.
- CNC machined triple clamps: The black-anodised CNC machined triple clamps feature a rubber damping system that reduces vibration, increasing comfort. Additionally, the triple clamps have been meticulously designed to evenly distribute the clamping force on the fork leg, maximizing contact area for optimal sensitivity and minimum friction.
- Magura hydraulic clutch: The high quality German-made Magura clutch system guarantees even wear, almost maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. This means that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remain identical in cold or hot conditions, as well as over time.
- DDS clutch: The FC 450 features a DDS (Dampened Diaphragm Steel) clutch . The exclusive characteristics of this system include a single diaphragm steel pressure plate instead of traditional coil springs and integrates a damping system for increased traction and durability. The clutch basket is a single-piece CNC machined steel component that allows the use of thin steel liners and contributes to the compact design of the engine.
- Functional bodywork: Modern and functional bodywork with traditional Husqvarna blue and yellow accents mark a simplistic yet stylish Swedish design. The ergonomics have been specifically tailored to deliver high levels of comfort and control, enabling riders to perform at their peak for extended periods of time. The high grip seat cover keeps the rider positioned under hard acceleration or in slippery conditions.
- WP AER 48 suspension: The WP AER 48 is a new milestone in the development of Husqvarna motocross models. It is simple, lightweight and easy to adjust through a single air valve and supplied fork pump for pre-load and click adjusters for compression and rebound. The system is made up of a set of split-system forks consisting of an air suspension unit and a hydraulic damping unit.
- Brakes: New for MY18 is a Magura front and rear braking system. The system features a similar layout to the previous design with improved sensitivity for a more modulated feel while still retaining the highest level of performance. 260mm disc front and 220mm rear.
- Wheels and tyres: Black high-strength alloy rims by DID are coupled to CNC machined hubs using lightweight spokes and silver anodised aluminium nipples. Fitted are Dunlop MX 3S Motocross tyres that feature the proven “block-within-a-block” design for more progressive cornering and superior grip.
- Map switch: Optimised for easy operation, the map switch selects between two engine maps, operates launch control and activates a traction control feature. Traction control works by analysing throttle input from the rider and the rate at which the RPM increases. If the RPM increases too quickly, the EMS will register a loss of grip and reduce the amount of power to the rear wheel ensuring maximum traction.
- Engine management system: The Keihin EMS is specifically designed to be smaller, lighter and faster at processing data. It integrates launch control for perfect starts, selectable engine maps as well as traction control. Additionally, via a gear sensor, the EMS selects a power delivery tailored for each gear.
- 44 mm throttle body: The FC 450 features a 44 mm Keihin throttle body. The injector is positioned to ensure the most efficient flow of fuel into the combustion chamber while, in an effort to ensure optimal throttle response, the throttle cable is mounted directly without a throttle linkage providing more immediate throttle response and feeling
- Electric start and Li-Ion battery: Along with the benefit of easy starting, the standard electric starting system is combined with a new compact Li-Ion battery which is 1 kg lighter than a conventional battery.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 449.9cc
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Primary drive: 31:76
- Secondary gear ratio: 13:48
- Clutch: Wet, multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 12.2 in. (310mm)
- Front brake: Magura two-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Rear brake: Magura single-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 63.9
- Seat height: 37.8 in. (960mm)
- Weight without fuel: 223.11 lb. (101.2 kg)
- Suspension travel (rear): 11.81 in. (300mm)
- Tank capacity (approx.): 1.85 gal. (7 L)
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Front Brakes
- Magura two-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Magura single-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Dry Weight
- 223.11 lb. (101.2 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.85 gal. (7 L)
- Seat Height
- 37.8 in. (960mm)
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.