2017 Yamaha FZ-07 - Bluish Grey
**Last one in stock!!
Thinking about a new Yamaha motorcycle? Look no further! We have a few 2017's priced to clear at Proline Motorsports & Marine OR purchase a new 2018 Yamaha motorcycle and take advantage of MASSIVE factory incentives!!! Thinking of financing? With the Proline Finance Advantage Program, our finance brokers can build you a customized program that best fits your needs. It’s time to Ride! Get out and make tracks aboard your new Yamaha motorcycle. Contact one of our Product Advisors for details.
*Note: Add $595, GST, and PST to the sale price of the unit for the “Drive Away total “cash” price.
The FZ-07 is a motorcycle that brings fun, affordability and riding enjoyment back to the street. This versatile naked roadster offers deep engine torque and a comfortable riding position in a lightweight, easy to handle sports chassis. It's the perfect machine for both new and experienced riders alike who are looking for outstanding value.
Power: Liquid-cooled, 689cc, inline twin has been designed to provide deep, powerful torque in the most frequently used rpm range (3,000 to 6,500 rpm). A single balancer shaft keeps things silky smooth, while the 6-speed transmission with overdrive 6th gear reduces engine rpms at highway speeds.
Control: The 38mm Mikuni throttle body fuel injection system combines with the 270 degree "Crossplane Concept" CP2 crankshaft to provide easy to use linear throttle response.
Style: From the compact "diamond type" frame to the single 60/55 watt headlight to the naked roadster bodywork, the FZ-07's styling highlights its super lightweight of only 180 kgs (397 lbs). The conventional handlebar design and upright riding position translates into all day riding comfort.
- Slim, compact, 689cc, DOHC, 4-valve, liquid-cooled, 20 degree inclined, inline twin cylinder engine.
- The engine has been tuned to provide plenty of low & mid-range torque with very linear throttle response. This engine is not about big specification numbers; it produces 75 hp. and 50 ft. lbs. of torque and is designed to maximize riding fun in the real world.
- 4-valve, downdraft style combustion chamber with 11.5:1 compression ratio: excellent torque output... especially in the low to mid rpm range; 4-valve design maximizes flow into & out of combustion chamber; 31.5 mm intake & 26.5 mm exhaust valves; stainless steel valves feature an Isonite surface treatment & carburized tips for excellent durability & wear resistance
- Valve adjustment intervals are every 42,000 kms.
- Lightweight hollow camshafts: cam profiles are designed to accentuate low to mid-range torque & power in the most commonly used rpm range (3,000 to 6,500 rpm): excellent "ride-ability"
- "CrossPlane Concept" 270 degree crankshaft with an "uneven" firing order: design reduces inertia torque while emphasizing linear torque; design has been optimized to achieve strong torque over a broad rpm range; CP Concept offers "ride ability that allows the rider to control the machine at will."; engine design allows a whole new level of "rider - machine communication"
- Lightweight gear driven "coupling force balancer" reduces engine vibration for excellent comfort.
- "Fracture split" connecting rods feature a "nut less" design: lower end "cap" of the rod is made from the same piece of material as the upper portion; the 2 pieces are "split" apart using a special fracturing process & then machined; design aids in establishing true big end roundness & greater precision in con rod dimensions for excellent durability despite the high horsepower loads
- Lightweight, forged, aluminum short skirt pistons: design aids in fast engine response; reduces mechanical vibration; excellent durability
- Direct ceramic composite plated cylinder uses "liner less" bores: ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum block, eliminating the liner & reducing weight; excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery; coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
- Offset cylinder design: cylinder is "offset" relative to the crank (toward exhaust side); reduces frictional losses between the pistons & cylinder wall during the power stroke for improved power output & excellent fuel economy
- One-piece cylinder and upper crankcase assembly: superior engine & chassis rigidity (engine is a stressed member); reduces weight; engine is a stressed member for increased chassis rigidity
- Automatic cam chain tensioner: reduces mechanical engine noise & maintenance
- "Closed loop" 38 mm Mikuni throttle body fuel injection system: system uses throttle position sensor (TPS) & idle speed controller (ISC); 12 hole injectors for optimum fuel atomization; system is "tuned" to provide excellent "ride ability" & "linear" throttle control: "closed loop system" uses an oxygen sensor to "sniff" spent exhaust & automatically adjust the fuel / air ratio for reduced emissions; fuel injection benefits include choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
- Compact Electronic Control Unit (ECU): utilizes a powerful 32-bit processor for fast control of the injection & ignition processes; compact design reduces weight.
- Air box design features dual intakes: reduces intake noise; viscous paper type air filter is utilized
- Compact, 6-speed transmission: Tri-axis design "stacks" input/output shafts centralizing mass; overall engine size is shorter front to back allowing the engineers the freedom to place the engine in the frame for optimum front to rear weight balance; transmission ratios are designed to suit the character (torque & power) of the engine; specially chosen gear ratios means fewer gear changes; 6th gear is an over drive gear reducing engine rpms at highway speeds for a comfortable ride
- Compact, clutch design with light clutch lever pull
- Stylish, compact, low mounted, 2 into 1 exhaust system. triple expansion muffler design with 3-way honeycomb catalyzer reduces exhaust emissions; low mounted design centralizes mass for excellent handling & a light weight feeling
- Lightweight, vertical flow flat radiator with ring type cooling fan: ring type cooling fan pulls more air than a normal design
- Liquid-cooled oil cooler maintains stable lubricant temperatures for extended engine life.
- Convenient spin-on type oil filter & easy access drain plug for fast, easy oil changes.
- Convenient oil level sight glass.
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI): produces a strong spark for fast starts; provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- High performance direct ignition coils (ignition coil is built into the spark plug caps): reduces weight & complexity
- AC Magneto produces 410 watts of power @ 5,000rpm.
- Air Injection System (AIS... not ram air) injects fresh air into exhaust ports to fully burn any unburnt fuel, further reducing exhaust emissions.
- Diamond-type, high tensile steel backbone type frame: optimized rigidity balance for light, agile handling & excellent stability; engine is a stressed member of the chassis, allowing a lighter, more compact main frame
- Upright, comfortable riding position is a key feature of the FZ-07: excellent all day rider comfort
- Key chassis geometry figures include: 1400mm (55.1") wheelbase; 24.5 degrees of rake & 90mm of trail; front - rear weight distribution is 49.2% front and 50.8% rear; lean angle is 49 degrees, highlighting the sporty nature of the FZ-07; chassis dimensions & design centralizes mass & lowers centre of gravity for light, agile handling
- Lightweight, high tensile steel "gull wing" type short design swingarm: lightweight design reduces unsprung weight for superior suspension performance; excellent rear wheel traction & control
- 41mm conventional style fork offers 130mm (5.1") of wheel travel.
- Lightweight, aluminum upper and lower triple clamps.
- Adjustable link-type Monocross "link-less" rear suspension with 130 mm (5.1") of wheel travel: horizontally mounted rear shock can be adjusted for 9 steps of spring pre-load; adjustment allows the rider to tailor pre-load settings to match rider weight or load
- Dual 282mm floating wave-style front discs & ultra-rigid 4-piston monoblock calipers: excellent stopping power & control with good lever feedback
- 245mm wave-style rear disc is squeezed by a lightweight single piston slide-type Nissin caliper.
- Lightweight, cast-aluminum 10-spoke wheels: lightweight design reduces unsprung weight for excellent suspension & handling characteristics; front rim size is MT3.50-17; rear rim size is MT5.50-17
- Conventional / traditional handlebar design: combines with the upright riding position to provide excellent all day riding comfort; conventional design means the bars can be easily changed to a different "bend" if desired
- 14-litre fuel tank with replaceable covers: slim design with great knee grip; slim design combines with low seat height for a light, agile feel & increased rider confidence; reserve portion of the tank is 2.7 litres (low fuel light illuminates); steel tank covered by three easy to replace plastic panels, significantly reducing costs in the event of damage
- Stylish, separate rider and passenger seats. Rider seat height is 805 mm (31.7"): offer excellent comfort; narrow design rider seat makes it easier to touch feet flat on the ground; rear seat can be removed & replaced by optional Genuine Yamaha Accessory rear seat cowl
- Compact, liquid crystal multi-function digital meter: functions (all digital) include bar-style tachometer, digital speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, fuel reserve trip meter (counts kilometres since fuel went on reserve), clock, gear indicator, instant & average fuel consumption, intake air temperature and coolant temperature. Plus a range of warning and indicator lights; full range of warning & indicator lights; background illumination is adjustable
- Compact handlebar switch gear: starting function is integrated into the engine kill switch; passing flash button is provided
- One piece, multi-reflector 60/55 watt halogen headlight enhances the naked roadster styling.
- Lightweight aluminum footrest mounting brackets & heel guards
- 5-position adjustable front brake lever
- Fold out under seat bungee cord fastener straps
- Brilliant LED rear tail light with unique running / brake light display
- Lockable steering
- Durable "O" ring drive chain
- 1 piece chain guard & inner rear fender
- Excessive lean angle engine cut-out switch (if unit is on its side the engine will shut down)
- Low-maintenance sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
- Yamaha diagnostic tool connector can significantly reduce diagnostic time in the event of a problem
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, DOHC, 8-valves (4-valves/cylinder), inline twin cylinder
- Displacement: 689cc
- Bore and Stroke: 80 x 68.6 mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Maximum Torque: 6.9 kg-m (50 ft-lbs.) @ 6,500 rpm
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni 38 mm dual bore throttle body F.I.
- Estimated Fuel Consumption±: 24.5 kpl / 69.2 mpg (Imp.)
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Ignition / Starting: TCI / Electric
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Suspension (Front): 41mm fork / 130mm (5.1 in.) wheel travel
- Suspension (Rear): Adjustable link Monocross / 130mm (5.1 in.) wheel travel
- Brakes (Front): Dual 282mm discs / 4-piston calipers
- Brakes (Rear): 245mm disc / single piston caliper
- Tires (Front): 120/70ZR17
- Tires (Rear): 180/55ZR17
- Length: 2,085mm (82.1 in.)
- Width: 745mm (29.3 in.)
- Height: 1,090mm (42.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,400mm (55.1 in.)
- Rake / Trail: 24.5 deg. / 90mm
- Ground Clearance: 140 mm (5.5 in.)
- Seat Height: 805mm (31.7 in.)
- Fuel Capacity: 14 L (3.1 imp. gal.)
- Wet Weight: 180 kg (397 lb.)
- Colour(s): Bluish Grey
- Engine Type
- DOHC, 8-valves (4-valves/cylinder), inline twin cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 80 x 68.6 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mikuni 38 mm dual bore throttle body F.I.
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- Front Suspension
- 41mm fork / 130mm (5.1 in.) wheel travel
- Rear Suspension
- Adjustable link Monocross / 130mm (5.1 in.) wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 282mm discs / 4-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes
- 245mm disc / single piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 1,400mm (55.1 in.)
- Seat Height
- 805mm (31.7 in.)
- 24.5 deg.
- Fuel Capacity
- 14 L (3.1 imp. gal.)
- 24.5 kpl (69.2 mpg (Imp.))
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 180 kg (397 lb.)
- Bluish Grey