2017 Husqvarna Motorcycles TE 250
Say Hello to the best riding season of the year! As we head in to the fall riding season we look forward to the amazing adventures and scenery. Plus, we get to see all of the new bikes for next year and even take advantage of some great deals on last years models! Check out this 2017 TE250 from Husqvarna! You can save $2000 right now and take advantage special finance programs and rates. How does $46.23 bi-weekly sound? Simply click the “Apply for Finance” button on our website right now and your one step closer to get out riding your new Husqvarna motorcycle.
Husqvarna has deep history and has been pioneering motorcycles since 1903, and continues to raise the benchmark today in MX, enduro, enduro street, and SuperMoto. With standard feature like hydraulic clutch, switchable mapping, launch control, electric start, and a number of amazing features throughout this amazing line of premium motorcycles. Heritage, pride, and performance is all part of the Husqvarna Motorcycle life style. Come in to Proline today and find out why we chose to bring the Husqvarna Motorcycles to Saskatchewan.
*Notes: Add $595, GST, PST and Sask. Tire Tax to the sale price of the unit for the “Drive Away” total “cash” price. Husqvarna factory incentive program expires October 31/18. All factory rebates have been included in the “Sale” price, all rebates to dealer. The bi-weekly estimated finance payment is OAC / APR, applicable taxes are extra, payment includes freight (FOB Proline), dealer prep, documentation fees, and is based on 120 month amortization with a maximum 60 month term and $0 down. Sale limited to "in-stock" units only.
The TE 250 takes the simple, low-maintenance motor concept that is a proven favourite of enduro riders, and progresses it with modern technological advancements. The combination of class-leading power and modern lightweight construction just got massively better for 2017. A new shaft arrangement improves mass centralisation, along with a counter-balancer shaft to reduce vibration. A new 38mm flat-slide MIKUNI TMX carburator is more resistant to altitude and temperature changes, requiring less-frequent adjustment than previous carbs. The new electric starter unit is located within the engine casings, keeping it secure from impacts. It is now linked to a lightweight and powerful Li- Ion battery for reliable starting when you need it most.
- Engine: Featuring the very latest in 2-stroke technology, the TE 250 engine has a completely new construction featuring new shaft arrangements for better mass centralisation, a new counter balancer shaft reducing vibration, a new twin-valve controlled power valve and re-worked 6-speed enduro gearbox.
- Cylinder: The 66.4mm bore cylinder features a newly developed power valve system which delivers smooth and controlled power throughout the RPM range. This can be further customised by simply changing between three springs supplied and altering the power delivery for different conditions and rider preference.
- Counter-balancer: The new engine design allows for the implementation of a laterally mounted counter balancer. The balancer is integrated in a very compact way and significantly reduces vibrations resulting in a smoother and more comfortable ride.
- Crankcase: The lightweight, die-cast engine casings are developed to accommodate new shaft arrangements. The clutch shaft is now 8mm higher while the crankshaft position is 27mm higher centralising oscillating mass and improving ride-ability.
- Functional bodywork: Distinctive and futuristic bodywork highlight the impressive leap forward for MY17, while striking pearl blue and electric yellow colours and graphics stylishly adorn the Swedish inspired design. With completely new ergonomics, rider control and comfort are improved allowing the rider to perform at the peak for longer periods of time. The seat has a low profile design with a new high grip seat cover which keeps the rider planted under hard acceleration and in slippery conditions.
- Map select switch: The engine characteristics can be tailored thanks to the standard map switch that modifies the CDI curve between two ignition curves according to rider preference, conditions and terrain. Further optimisation of the power delivery can be obtained by varying the spring stiffness in the exhaust valve.
- Self cleaning footpeg mount: The Husqvarna frame features a clever, self -cleaning footpeg mount which prevents the build-up of dirt collected through deep ruts or muddy terrain. As a result, the footpeg will spring back into its original position ensuring perfect control. The large aluminium footpegs have an Enduro specific grip pattern while the position of the pegs is 6mm higher than that found on the MX models to further increase ground clearance over rocks and deep ruts.
- Neken handlebar and ODI grips: Manufactured to exact standards, the aluminium Neken handlebars offer high-strength and premium quality as standard. Fitted to the handlebars are ODI grips, the lock-on grip on the left side does not require gluing, while on the right, the vulcanised grip features an integrated throttle mechanism. The assembly features easy free-play adjustment.
- Chromoly steel frame: While keeping the same successful geometry from MY 16, the hydro-formed, laser-cut and robot-welded frame is expertly crafted by WP Performance Systems. The 6mm wider and 2 mm lower steel tubes offer 20% higher torsional rigidity while longitudinal stiffness is reduced by 30%. The increased torsional rigidity improves stability and agility while reducing the longitudinal stiffness creates increased flexibility for better bump absorption and suspension functionality. The new frame weighs only 8.8 kg making it 0.6 kg lighter than its predecessor.
- WP Xplor 48: The WP Xplor 48 front fork is a completely new feature developed by WP Performance Systems specifically for enduro type riding. The forks consist of an open cartridge layout with a spring in each circuit and split damping functions. Compression can be adjusted from the left side and rebound on the right via clickers situated on the top of the fork tube. Additionally, with the standard pre-load adjuster, pre-load can be adjusted by the rider without the use of tools making the new system simple and easy to set up.
- New WP rear shock: The WP DCC rear shock is designed to provide advanced damping characteristics while keeping to a compact and lightweight design. The new rear shock weighs only 3.7 kg which is 0.36 kg lighter than the previous version. With a pressure balance inside the shock, damping is improved resulting in greater rider comfort and handling while the outer contour of the reservoir increases cooling. The component is also fully adjustable and matched to a linkage system with a specific geometry to deliver the best possible traction and absorption.
- Composite carbon fibre subframe: The composite subframe is a design unique to Husqvarna motorcycles showcasing pioneering technology and innovation. This 3 piece component is made up of 30% carbon fibre making it remarkably light (1.4 kg) saving 1 kg over the previous design. Specific care is taken to create a calculated rigidity for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Brembo brakes: Class-leading Brembo callipers and controls with high quality GSK discs deliver superior stopping power instilling confidence in all situations. For MY17, the rear brake calliper uses a smaller piston diameter 24mm instead of 26mm, coupled with a 10mm longer rear brake lever the system delivers improved modulation and feeling.
- Electric and kick start: The TE 250 is fitted with a new electric starter located below the engine. This position ensures that the unit is always protected while the new design is less complex and more reliable. Additionally, the system is now linked to a lightweight and powerful Li-Ion battery which is 1 kg lighter than the previous model. A standard kick starter is fitted as a fail safe.
- Tool-less air filter access: The new airbox is designed with precisely positioned inlet ducts aimed at preventing air deformation and ensuring maximum airflow and filter protection. The air filter is easily accessed, without tools, by removing the left side panel. Easy maintenance is guaranteed by the Twin Air filter and filter cage design that features a simple fail proof mounting system for safe and accurate filter installation.
- Magura hydraulic clutch: The TE 250 now features a new Magura hydraulic clutch system. The high quality German-made clutch system guarantees perfect modulation of the clutch in every condition. This means that the play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and the function of the clutch remain identical in cold or hot conditions and over time. The Magura clutch also features even wear characteristics and is nearly maintenance-free.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Bore: 66.4 mm
- Stroke: 72 mm
- Starter: Kick and electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Kokusan
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD Xplor 48 with preload adjuster
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 300 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 330 mm
- Front brake: Brembo twin-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear brake: Brembo single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 63.5 deg.
- Ground clearance: 370 mm
- Seat height: 960 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 10 L
- Weight without fuel: 102.2 kg
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Bore and Stroke
- 66.4 x 72 mm
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD Xplor 48 with preload adjuster
- Front Brakes
- Brembo twin-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Brembo single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Dry Weight
- 102.2 kg
- Fuel Capacity
- 10 L
- Ground Clearance
- 370 mm
- Seat Height
- 960 mm
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.