2017 Husqvarna Motorcycles FE 250
Say Hello to the best riding season of the year! As we head in to the fall riding season we look forward to the amazing adventures and scenery. Plus, we get to see all of the new bikes for next year and even take advantage of some great deals on last years models! Check out this 2017 FE250 from Husqvarna! You can save $2500 right now and take advantage special finance programs and rates. How does $48.76 bi-weekly sound? Simply click the “Apply for Finance” button on our website right now and your one step closer to get out riding your new Husqvarna motorcycle.
Husqvarna has deep history and has been pioneering motorcycles since 1903, and continues to raise the benchmark today in MX, enduro, enduro street, and SuperMoto. With standard feature like hydraulic clutch, switchable mapping, launch control, electric start, and a number of amazing features throughout this amazing line of premium motorcycles. Heritage, pride, and performance is all part of the Husqvarna Motorcycle life style. Come in to Proline today and find out why we chose to bring the Husqvarna to Saskatchewan.
*Notes: Add $595, GST, PST and Sask. Tire Tax to the sale price of the unit for the “Drive Away” total “cash” price. Husqvarna factory incentive program expires October 31/18. All factory rebates have been included in the “Sale” price, all rebates to dealer. The bi-weekly estimated finance payment is OAC / APR, applicable taxes are extra, payment includes freight (FOB Proline), dealer prep, documentation fees, and is based on 120 month amortization with a maximum 60 month term and $0 down. Sale limited to "in-stock" units only.
Total Enduro Precision
The lightest, most compact Husqvarna 4-stroke enduro bike. Smooth 4-stroke torque and power in a much lighter and more compact chassis. A new precision-built frame offers improved agility, better bump absorption and optimum suspension functionality while only weighing 8.8 kg. New laterally-mounted head-stays increase handling agility and reduce vibration. All 2017 4-stroke models have new header pipes and shorter mufflers for maximum performance within the FIM noise limits.
- WP Xplor 48: The WP Xplor 48 front fork is a completely new feature developed by WP Performance Systems specifically for enduro type riding. The forks consist of an open cartridge layout with a spring in each circuit and split damping functions. Compression can be adjusted from the left side and rebound on the right via clickers situated on the top of the fork tube. Additionally, with the standard pre-load adjuster, pre-load can be adjusted by the rider without the use of tools making the new system simple and easy to set up.
- WP rear shock: The WP DCC rear shock is designed to provide advanced damping characteristics while keeping to a compact and lightweight design. The new rear shock weighs only 3.7 kg which is 0.36 kg lighter than the previous version. With a pressure balance inside the shock, damping is improved resulting in greater rider comfort and handling while the outer contour of the reservoir increases cooling. The component is also fully adjustable and matched to a linkage system with a specific geometry to deliver the best possible traction and absorption.
- Brembo brakes: Class-leading Brembo callipers and controls with high quality GSK discs deliver superior stopping power instilling confidence in all situations. For MY17, the rear brake calliper uses a smaller piston diameter 24mm instead of 26mm, coupled with a 10mm longer rear brake lever the system delivers improved modulation and feeling.
- ODI lock on grips: The ODI lock-on grip on the left side does not require gluing, while on the right, the vulcanised grip features an integrated throttle mechanism. The assembly has easy free-play adjustment and, by changing a cam, throttle progression can be altered.
- Engine: The new 250cc engine is re-designed to be more powerful, lighter and more compact. All major components and shaft arrangements are carefully positioned to best suit the performance and handling characteristics of the overall package. As a result, the engine is 20mm shorter and 0.7 kg lighter than before weighing in at a total of 27.6 kg including electric starter. Additionally, power delivery is improved throughout the 12,800 rpm range while the engine still retains its torquey nature making the FE 250 accessible for both professional and amateur riders.
- Cylinder head: The new cylinder head features advanced technology aimed at significantly reducing weight and drag. The new twin overhead camshafts are 150g lighter and rotate on a low friction surface. Additionally, the four lightweight titanium valves (intake 32.5mm, exhaust 26.5mm) are actuated by finger followers made up of a 30% harder DLC (diamond like carbon) coating while the timing drive consists of a new, shorter DID chain, with new sprockets and new chain guides all aimed at reducing friction.
- Crankcase: The crankcase is engineered to house the shaft arrangements at the ideal centre of gravity. The clutch shaft position has moved 11.1mm back and 26.9mm up making the engine 20mm shorter in total. The casings are manufactured using a high-pressure die cast production process, resulting in thin wall thickness while retaining exceptional reliability. The iconic Husqvarna logo adorns the bronze finished crankcase covers.
- Crankshaft: The new crankshaft is not only stiffer but also features a 6mm shorter stroke. The shorter stroke allows the engine to rev more freely resulting in a quick and responsive power delivery. The plain big end bearing features two force-fitted bearing shells ensuring maximum reliability and durability, guaranteeing long service intervals of 135 hours.
- Chromoly steel frame: While keeping the same successful geometry from MY 16, the hydro-formed, laser-cut and robot-welded frame is expertly crafted by WP Performance Systems. The 6mm wider and 2 mm lower steel tubes offer 20% higher torsional rigidity while longitudinal stiffness is reduced by 30%. The increased torsional rigidity improves stability and agility while reducing the longitudinal stiffness creates increased flexibility for better bump absorption and suspension functionality. The new frame weighs only 8.8 kg making it 0.6 kg lighter than its predecessor.
- Composite carbon fibre subframe: The composite subframe is a design unique to Husqvarna motorcycles showcasing pioneering technology and innovation. This 3 piece component is made up of 30% carbon fibre making it remarkably light (1.4 kg) saving 1 kg over the previous design. Specific care is taken to create a calculated rigidity for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Aluminium swingarm: The hollow, cast aluminium swingarm is designed to offer optimal stiffness and reliability while adding the least possible weight. The machining above the rear axle allows the chain adjuster markings to be seen from above for easy maintenance.
- Self cleaning footpeg mount: The Husqvarna frame features a clever, self -cleaning footpeg mount which prevents the build-up of dirt collected through deep ruts or muddy terrain. As a result, the footpeg will spring back into its original position ensuring perfect control. The large aluminium footpegs have an Enduro specific grip pattern while the position of the pegs is 6mm higher than that found on the MX models to further increase ground clearance over rocks and deep ruts.
- CNC machined triple clamps: The 22 mm offset black-anodised CNC machined triple clamps offer premium quality and style standard on all Husqvarna enduro models. The triple clamps are been expertly crafted using superior techniques and materials to provide high levels of quality and reliability. A 2-way handlebar adjustment is standard and allows for customisable ergonomics.
- Electric starter: A standard electric starter guarantees easy starting. The FE 250 is fitted with a new starter motor made by Mitsuba and is combined with a new Li-Ion battery saving 1 kg over the previous conventional battery.
- Functional bodywork: Distinctive and futuristic bodywork highlight the impressive leap forward for MY17, while striking pearl blue and electric yellow colours and graphics stylishly adorn the Swedish inspired design. With completely new ergonomics, rider control and comfort are improved allowing the rider to perform at the peak for longer periods of time. The seat has a low profile design with a new high grip seat cover which keeps the rider planted under hard acceleration and in slippery conditions.
- Wheels and tyres: Black high-strength alloy rims by DID are coupled to CNC machined hubs using lightweight spokes and silver anodised aluminium nipples. Fitted to the wheels are Continental TKC80 tyres which offer superior grip on a wide variety of terrain.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Bore: 78 mm
- Stroke: 52.3 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD Xplor 48 with preload adjuster
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 300 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 300 mm
- Front brake: Brembo twin-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear brake: Brembo single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 63.5 deg.
- Ground clearance: 370 mm
- Seat height: 970 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 8.5 L
- Weight without fuel: 108.3 kg
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Bore and Stroke
- 78 x 52.3 mm
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD Xplor 48 with preload adjuster
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Front Brakes
- Brembo twin-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear Brakes
- Brembo single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Seat Height
- 970 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 8.5 L
- Dry Weight
- 108.3 kg
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.