2016 Yamaha YZF-R6 - 60th Anniversary Yellow & Black
*Note: Add $595, GST, and PST to the sale price of the unit for the “Drive Away total “cash” price.
The R6 was born on the racetrack. Its MotoGP-bred technology is tuned to give you the kind of outstanding engine and chassis performance usually reserved for professional racers. The R6 is full of innovations and technology, you just won't find on the competitor's machinery.
Power: Ultra-compact, lightweight, short stroke, 599cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled, in-line four-cylinder engine with lightweight titanium valves produces incredible horsepower. Redline is set at an amazing 16,000rpm.
Performance: Lightweight forged pistons feature thin top rings for great high rpm power. The pistons are secured by lightweight tapered type piston pins. The lightweight design means fast engine response.
Handling: Compact, lightweight aluminum Deltabox frame offers an optimized rigidity balance for incredibly light and agile handling. This frame is a MotoGP inspired innovation that Yamaha calls a "straight frame concept". This means the top spars of the frame lie as close to possible to the frame's torsional axis (the line connecting the head pipe to the swingarm pivot point).
- Ultra-compact, lightweight, short stroke, 599cc, DOHC, 4-valve, liquid-cooled, in-line four-cylinder engine with lightweight titanium valves produces championship winning horsepower. Redline is set at an amazing 16,000 rpm.
- Compact "pent roof" cylinder head design features ultra-lightweight titanium valves: 27 mm intake valves & 23 mm exhaust valves... all are lightweight titanium; 23.75 degree total valve angle provides a compact combustion chamber; single intake valve springs reduce weight & friction for optimum high rpm performance; lightweight aluminum valve retainers
- Valve adjustment intervals are every 42,000 kms.
- High flow intake & exhaust ports mean excellent power delivery at all rpms.
- Lightweight magnesium cylinder head cover & case covers reduce weight.
- Direct ceramic composite plated cylinder, "liner less" cylinder (cylinder is not part of the upper crankcase): ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum block, eliminating the liner & reducing weight; excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery; coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
- Lightweight, short skirt, forged pistons: excellent durability & reduced mechanical vibration; lightweight design aids in fast engine response; friction reducing, thin design top rings; lightweight tapered piston pins for reduced weight
- Lightweight crankshaft with 31mm bearing journals: inertial crank mass has been optimized for fast throttle response & acceleration; crank journal bearings feature oil holes for increased oil supply for excellent durability
- High lift / high performance, hollow camshafts: designed to maximize power output; side driven design helps reduce engine width
- Crankcases feature a "Tri-Axis" layout for the crank, main & drive axles: creates a more compact & shorter engine front to back; shorter engine allows for optimum engine placement in the "sweet spot" of frame for desired weight distribution & great handling
- Closed loop, 41 mm Mikuni throttle body fuel injection system with twin injectors: twin injector (primary & secondary) system is used on our MotoGP M1 race bike & YZF-R1; primary injectors are located in the throttle bodies, secondary injectors located in the air box very near the computer controlled intake funnels; both primary & secondary injectors utilizes 12 spray holes to maximize the atomization process; secondary injectors, located inside the air box, begin to function at mid rpms (6,000 to 7,000rpm) thru to redline; special short intake tracts enhance higher rpm power; "closed loop system" uses an oxygen sensor to "sniff" spent exhaust gases & automatically adjusts the fuel / air ratio for reduced emissions; fuel injection benefits include instant throttle response, choke-free starting, steady idle during warm up & reduced emissions
- Yamaha Chip Control Throttle (YCC-T) system: YCC-T electronically controls throttle valves for outstanding throttle response & controllability; system features Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) & D.C. motor driven throttle valves; YCC-T system provides precise control of intake air volume for a smoother torque curve; ECU that controls YCC-T is capable of responding to changes at a speed of 1000th of a second
- Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake (YCC-I) system: intake funnels / stacks vary in length between 2 pre-set positions depending on engine rpm; transition rpm is approximately 13,700 rpms; electronic servo motor varies the funnels. The revolutionary YCC-I provides the best of both worlds... solid low rpm torque & power combined with an amazing high rpm rush. It takes only 0.3 of a second for the funnels to move from the tall to the short position; YCC-I electric-control servo motor-driven variable intake funnel system is a world's 1st on a production motorcycle and works in conjunction with Yamaha's YCC-T & FI systems
- 7.6 litre air box utilizes a high flow viscous paper type air filter.
- Ram Air Induction System: features centrally located intake duct delivering cool, "force-fed" air which pressures the air box & increases power output at higher speeds; straight shot induction from centrally located fairing duct to air box without bends or turns
- Close ratio 6-speed transmission delivers seamless power delivery & maximum acceleration: gear widths, splines & engagement dogs have been optimized to handle the R6's power; gears use flat contact-type engagement dogs for positive shifting & great durability.
- Slipper or back limiter clutch assembly: reduces rear wheel hop when making down shifts under hard braking; key benefit is reduced lap times & smoother control when participating in a race or track day
- Wet sump oil lubrication system has been optimized to reduce frictional loses caused by "oil drag": liquid-cooled oil cooler ensures consistent engine temperatures for maximum performance & extended service life.
- High capacity cooling system: curved radiator provides more surface cooling area than a flat rad for excellent cooling efficiency; ring-type fan provides increased airflow (and cooling) versus a standard cooling fan
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI): produces a strong spark for fast starts; provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- Direct ignition coils, iridium dual electrode spark plugs & high-output magneto: ignition coils integrated into plug caps, significantly reducing weight & complexity
- "Mid Ship" 4-into-2-into-1 exhaust system: maximizes engine performance & centralizes mass for light agile handling; header pipe diameter & length have been optimized for optimum flow; system features three, 3-way honeycomb catalyzers to reduce exhaust emissions. The oxygen sensor provides feedback to the ECU so it can adjust for the optimum fuel/air mixture. The "mid ship" MotoGP style, lightweight titanium muffler is located below the engine to central mass & lower the center of gravity for incredible handling.
- Yamaha's EXUP System (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve): part of the mid ship exhaust system; utilizes a titanium body & butterfly valves that prevent the "blow back" phenomenon caused by "valve overlap"; design reduces weight & maximizes cornering clearance; EXUP system eliminates "flat spots" in the power band & reduces emissions
- High powered 32 bit electronic control unit actually contains three ECUs inside the main ECU to control the FI system, the YCC-T system and ignition mapping.
- Air Injection System (AIS... not ram air) injects fresh air into exhaust ports to fully burn any unburnt fuel, further reducing exhaust emissions.
- Compact, lightweight aluminum Deltabox frame offers an optimized rigidity balance for incredibly light & agile handling: MotoGP inspired innovation that Yamaha calls a "straight frame concept", meaning top spars of the frame lie as close to possible to the frame's torsional axis (the line connecting the head pipe to the swingarm pivot point).; ram air duct passes through the frame at the head pipe for a straight ram air effect; mix of mold castings & pressed aluminum plates make up frame; engine is a fully stressed chassis member allowing for a super-light main frame design
- Lightweight, detachable magnesium rear sub frame: detachable design allows easier rear shock access; reduces costs in the event of damage
- Lightweight, aluminum "gull wing" type swingarm: lightweight design reduces unsprung weight for superior suspension performance; mix of castings & pressed plates for optimum rigidity; swingarm pivot position has been optimized to reduce the "squat" tendencies caused by drive chain reaction to hard throttle openings; excellent rear wheel traction & control
- Key chassis geometry figures: 1380mm wheelbase, 24 degree caster angle, 97mm of trail and a 52.5% front & 47.5% rear weight distribution; 57 degree maximum lean angle
- Fully adjustable 41mm inverted front fork provides 115mm (4.5") of wheel travel: ; incredible suspension performance with excellent "feedback"; inverted design not only reduces unsprung weight but also increases the rigidity of the fork; adjustments include: 5-way spring preload, 4-way high speed compression damping, 20-way low speed compression damping & 25-way rebound damping; inverted design benefits include; reduced "unsprung" weight & reduced fork flex since the larger diameter tubes are gripped in the triple clamps; adjustments allows the rider to tune suspension to match riding style & road or track conditions
- Fully adjustable Monocross link rear suspension utilizes a piggyback-style shock providing 120mm (4.7") of wheel travel: shock adjustments include: 9-steps of spring preload, 4-way high speed compression damping, 20-way low speed compression damping & 18-way rebound damping adjustability; piggy back design helps to keep the shock oil cool for more consistent damping
- Radial mount, mono-block, 4-piston calipers squeeze large 310mm dual front discs: radial mount design helps to reduce caliper distortion for improved braking performance; excellent stopping power & control with good lever feedback; disc carriers are made from aluminum for reduced weight; sinter metal brake pads
- Brembo radial pump master cylinder features a 16mm piston: radial design allows for more powerful braking and improved lever feedback; lever is adjustable for various hand sizes
- Lightweight 220mm rear disc brake is squeezed by a single-piston caliper.
- Lightweight five-spoke 17" wheels: reduce unsprung weight by making hub & spokes a single structural unit; special casting technique makes the rim section substantially lighter & stronger; front rim size is MT3.50 x 17, rear rim is MT5.50 x17
- Ultra-sleek, race inspired bodywork: sharp front profile with centrally located ram air duct, engine-revealing side cowlings & ultra-sleek tail section; special side fairing intake ducts allow cool air to circulate around the engine, fuel tank & frame areas
- 17-litre fuel tank: provides excellent rider ergonomics & an aggressive riding position; reserve portion of the tank is 3.5 liters (low fuel light illuminates); internal electric fuel pump
- Separate rider & passenger seats. An optional genuine accessory rear seat cowl is available.
- Dual 55 watt H7 "cat eye" headlights. These lights not only cast a bright beam of light, but also feature a sleek profile for excellent aerodynamics.
- Compact, race inspired multi-function digital & analog instrumentation: readouts include; analog tach, digital speedometer, dual trip meters, low fuel warning light, fuel trip meter (counts kilometers since low fuel light illuminated), clock, coolant temp, outside air temp & a self -diagnostic mode; programmable shift light & stop watch/lap timer; adjustable back lighting
- LED taillight for excellent visibility
- Immobilizer ignition system is designed to reduce the possibility of "ride away" theft: system must recognize the "coded ignition key" in order for the unit to start; if the immobilizer ignition does not recognize the key, the ignition system & starter will not function, even if the ignition is forced into the on position
- Special lightweight 525 O-ring chain for reduced weight
- Steering lock
- Helmet holder cable
- Folding mirrors
- Under seat bungee cord attachment straps
- Lightweight low maintenance sealed gel-type battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valves (4-valves/cyl) (titanium), Inline four
- Displacement: 599 cc
- Bore and Stroke: 67 x 42.5 mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.1:1
- Maximum Torque: 6.6 kg-m (47.7 ft. lb.) @ 11,500 rpm
- Engine Management: YCC-T & YCC-I
- Fuel Delivery: 41 mm Mikuni throttle body F.I.
- Estimated Fuel Consumption±: 16.9kpl / 47.7mpg (Imp.)
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Ignition / Starting: TCI / Electric
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Suspension (Front): Fully adjustable 41mm inverted cartridge fork
- Suspension (Rear): Fully adjustable link Monocross
- Brakes (Front): Dual 310mm discs, 4-piston calipers
- Brakes (Rear): 220mm disc - single piston caliper
- Tires (Front): 120/70ZR17
- Tires (Rear): 180/55ZR17
- Length: 2,040mm (80.3 in.)
- Width: 705mm (27.8 in.)
- Height: 1,095mm (43.1 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,375mm (54.1 in.)
- Rake / Trail: 24 deg. / 97mm (3.8 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 130mm (5.1 in.)
- Seat Height: 850mm (33.5 in.)
- Fuel Capacity: 17 L (3.7 imp.gal.)
- Wet Weight: 189 kg (417 lb.)
- Colour(s): 60th Anniversary Yellow & Black
- Engine Type
- DOHC, 16-valves (4-valves/cyl) (titanium), Inline four
- 599 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 67 x 42.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- 41 mm Mikuni throttle body F.I.
- Front Suspension
- Fully adjustable 41mm inverted cartridge fork
- Rear Suspension
- Fully adjustable link Monocross
- Front Brakes
- Dual 310mm discs, 4-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes
- 220mm disc - single piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 1,375mm (54.1 in.)
- Seat Height
- 850mm (33.5 in.)
- 24 deg.
- 97mm (3.8 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 17 L (3.7 imp.gal.)
- 16.9kpl / 47.7mpg (Imp.)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 189 kg (417 lb.)
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- 60th Anniversary Yellow & Black