2013 Yamaha VX Cruiser
*Notes: Add $95, GST, and PST to the sale price of the unit for the “Drive Away” total "cash" price.
Yamaha's best selling, comfortable, affordable PWC!
For the young family new to the boating industry: the best selling affordable PWC with Cruiser® comfort.
Performance, affordability, spacious seating and a large swim platform come as standard equipment on the VX Cruiser. This highly popular WaveRunner provides ample opportunity for unforgettable moments thanks to features like the comfortable and versatile Cruiser seat, generous storage and a convenient reboarding step.
• The VX™ Series is powered by a Yamaha MR-1™ four-stroke engine. This is a compact, ultra-lightweight, four-cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled engine for class-leading performance.
• Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
• Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that's lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
• Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from water ingestion.
• Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricating oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
• Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
• Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
• Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
• Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
JET PUMP PROPULSION SYSTEM
• The VX pump design is one of the most efficient pump configuration ever, increasing stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and prop spin.
• Reverse: Allows the watercraft to be backed up off a trailer or out of tight spots where you can not turn around easily.
• Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
• High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
• Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
• Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
ULTRA-LIGHTWEIGHT, HIGH STRENGTH HULL AND DECK
• The VX hull is designed to be light and strong.
• Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
• Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two and three-up riding experience.
• Cruiser Seat: Adds comfort and support for both passenger and driver.
• Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic function.
• Low RPM Mode: With the touch of a button on the remote transmitter, the top speed of the VX Cruiser is reduced by nearly 30 percent.
• Yamaha Security System: This security system, which can be activated with the touch of a button, ensures that no one starts the VX Deluxe without your permission.
• Dual Concave Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
• 60 L. of Total Storage: Includes a large bow storage locker and glove box.
• Extra Large Boarding Platform with Reboarding Step: Provides a stable platform for re-boarding.
• Glove Box with Self-draining Beverage Holders: The industry's first self-draining insulated beverage holders.
• Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
• Yamaha's Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft's conspicuity.
- Fuel Capacity: 60 L (13.2 gal.)
- Oil Capacity: 4.3 L
- Vehicle Capacity: 1, 2, or 3 (240 kg)
- Storage Capacity: 60 L (15.9 gal.)
- Hull Material: SMC (Sheet moulded compound)
- Length: 3.27 m (128.7 in.)
- Width: 1.17 m (46.4 in.)
- Height: 1.15 m (45.6 in.)
- Seat Length: 1.69 / 1.45 m (67 / 57 in.)
- Dry Weight: 340 kg (750 lb.)
- Colour(s): Yacht Blue Metallic, Silver Metallic
- Engine Type: 4-Stroke, Inline, 4-Cylinder
- Bore and Stroke: 76 x 58mm
- Displacement: 1, 052cc
- Fuel: Regular unleaded
- Lubrication: Dry sump
- Cooling: Open Looped, water
- Ignition: Direct ignition
- Compression Ratio: 11.4:1
- Fuel Delivery: EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection)
- Spark Plug: NGKCR9EB
- Pump: 155 mm Axial flow single stage with reverse
- Transmission: Direct Drive from Engine
- Impeller: 3-Blade stainless steel
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke, Inline, 4-Cylinder
- 1052 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 76 x 58 mm
- Open Looped, water
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection)
- Direct ignition
- Dry Weight
- 340 kg (750 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 60 L (13.2 gal.)
- 1.15 m (45.6 in.)
- 3.27 m (128.7 in.)
- 1.17 m (46.4 in.)
- Oil Capacity
- 4.3 L
- Rider Capacity
- 1, 2, or 3 persons; 240 kg
- Storage Capacity
- 60 L (15.9 gal.)
- 3-Blade stainless steel
- 155 mm Axial flow single stage with reverse
- Direct Drive from Engine
- Hull Type
- SMC (Sheet moulded compound)
- Yacht Blue Metallic, Silver Metallic