2012 Yamaha YFZ450
*Notes: Add $95, GST, and PST to the sale price of the unit for the “Drive Away” total "cash" price.
Incredibly fast, light and nimble... and now even more affordable!
The YFZ450 has had more than a few #1 plates on it. Its race winning pedigree is known from Coast to Coast.
An ultra-high performance sport ATV, the YFZ 450 has a powerful, industry-exclusive, five-titanium-valve engine. Combined with a 350-pound dry weight and you have one of the best power-to-weight ratios of any ATV ever produced.
ENGINE: On the track or trails power reigns supreme. The liquid-cooled, five-titanium-valve DOHC engine is a derivative of the awesome YZ450F engine that was born on a motocross track."
TRANSMISSION: A five-speed manual transmission delivers smooth power in an assortment of situations - from the starting gate to the finish line, tight trails to wide-open fire roads."
BRAKES: Stopping the machine is as easy as starting her up thanks to an all-new twin piston rear caliper. This design ensures plenty of braking power throughout the entire moto…and then some."
SUSPENSION: Independent double wishbone front suspension, offering 9.1"" worth of Nitrogen-filled, fully adjustable travel. In the rear, a single shock, cast-aluminum swingarm boasts 10.6"" of travel and a YZ-type suspension linkage."
• The eccentric shaft-type drive chain adjuster makes chain adjustments quick and easy - a must for riders on the go.
• The power of the YFZ450 is put to the ground via a set of front and rear Dunlop radials designed for ultimate cornering grip without compromising too much ride comfort. They are of course mounted on aluminum rims.
• The YFZ450 is easy on the eyes with its ultra-aggressive yet streamlined styling. Adding to the eye candy are sporty front and rear grab bars, and an LED tail light.
• One of the most popular features on the YFZ450 is its electric start, which fires both the engine and race-inspired Keihin 39mm FCR carburetor at the push of a button. Gone forever are the days of repeated, sometimes frantic, efforts to get your machine kick-started. The magic button has proven invaluable on the YFZ450, despite the machine's roots in pure sport performance.
• Also returning are the critically acclaimed one-hand operation parking brake and rider-approved 45mm footpegs.
• Dry-sump engine carries oil in an aluminum tank directly in front of the engine for excellent cooling and optimal protection from rocks or mud.
• DC ignition system delivers ultra-precise spark and 3D timing for faster, stronger engine response during hard acceleration.
• High-performance stainless steel exhaust header is mated to a USFS-approved spark arrestor.
• Smooth-shifting YZ-spec ratchet-type five-speed transmission and heavy-duty clutch deliver all that power to the rear tires with maximum efficiency.
• Large capacity airbox features no-tool access to the oiled dual foam filter for easy maintenance.
• Ignition coil is integrated into the spark plug cap; extremely light and compact.
- Engine: 4-Stroke Single, Liquid Cooled w/Fan, Titanium 5-Valve DOHC
- Displacement: 449 cc
- Bore and Stroke: 95 mm x 63.4 mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.4:1
- Carburetion: Keihin 39 mm FCR w/ Throttle Position Sensor
- Ignition: DC - CDI
- Starting: Electric
- Transmission: Wide ratio, 5-Speed Manual
- Final Drive: Sealed O-Ring Chain
- Suspension (Front): Independent Double Wishbone, 9.1 in. travel
- Suspension (Rear): Aluminum swingarm, 10.6 in. travel
- Brakes (Front): Dual Hydraulic Disc, Twin Piston Caliper
- Brakes (Rear): Hydraulic Disc, Twin Piston Caliper
- Tires (Front): AT21x7-10 Radial
- Tires (Rear): AT20x10-9 Radial
- Length: 1,840 mm (72.4 in.)
- Width: 1,170 mm (46.1 in.)
- Height: 1,090 mm (42.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,280 mm (50.4 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 112 mm (4.4 in.)
- Seat Height: 810 mm (31.9 in.)
- Dry Weight: 159kg (350 lb)
- Fuel Capacity: 10 L
- Colour(s): Black
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke Single, Liquid Cooled w/Fan, Titanium 5-Valve DOHC
- 449 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 95 mm x 63.4 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Keihin 39 mm FCR w/ Throttle Position Sensor
- Starting System
- Ignition: DC - CDI; Starting: Electric
- Front Suspension
- Independent Double Wishbone, 9.1 in. travel
- Front Brake Type
- Dual Hydraulic Disc, Twin Piston Caliper
- Front Tires
- AT21x7-10 Radial
- Rear Suspension
- Aluminum swingarm, 10.6 in. travel
- Rear Brake Type
- Hydraulic Disc, Twin Piston Caliper
- Rear Tires
- AT20x10-9 Radial
- Dry Weight
- 159kg (350 lb)
- Fuel Capacity
- 10 L
- Ground Clearance
- 112 mm (4.4 in.)
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 1,840 mm x 1,170 mm x 1,090 mm (72.4 in. x 46.1 in. x 42.9 in.)
- 1,280 mm (50.4 in.)
- Final Drive
- Sealed O-Ring Chain
- Wide ratio, 5-Speed Manual